Advice (Car pics)

Yes welcome... Thanks for posting... I wish I had that car... selling it soon? And if so for about $10 cause that's all I have ;) j/k... I wasn't really digging the fact that in the first one the car is in the exact center. What I did was a "scroll crop" and placed 1/3 from the top and 1/3 from the bottom (i.e. using the screen to cut off part of the bottom then part of the top) and I really think that if you placed it towards the bottom had more sky that it would improve this one a little... just my humble opinion.

By the way I really like the photograph... the comments are what could possibly improve the picture... and honestly I liked the third one except like Puscas had said about the tire... great pictures.

oh wow, lets see some engine shots. Im guessing its a 402?

I personally dont have problems with the glare from the paint as long as the reflection isn't something distracting. To me the reflection shows quality gloss paint.

I'd try bumping up the saturation on these shots, if that is the blue that came stock on the chevelles it is much bolder than your pictures show.

Thanks, the blue is darker in person. Here is a pic I took at it's first car show, it show's the actual color better.
DSCN0074.jpg

The engine is a small block 400 bored over to a 408. It's pushing around 425 horse power now, but I'm rebuilding it in a few weeks, it should see 500 hp easily.

DSCN0829.jpg

Zach said:
Here's another shot, the bad part is the electrical boxes etc. in the background.
DSCN0598.jpg

I love the position of the car in this one... its sort of crouching, ready to pounce on a lesser car in a moments time. Also, I think without knowing it, youve done something very nice with the lines on either side of the car, sort of "pointing" to the main subject.

However the color isnt very dramatic, and the crop is wrong. I would try to tighten the crop to totally eliminate as much of the background as I could, but LEAVE the foreground, as it adds to the pouncing effect of the pic.... then download PICASA 2, and play around with the highlight and shadow levels, until you get a more contrasty shot!

Id also like to see this shot when its darker out, with the headlights on... where you can tell if anyone is in the seat, and it sort of makes the car look ALIVE. Maybe even push the car a bit further back so you can see more of the lines POINTING at the car....

Just my 2 cents... (more like 20)

I really like the first 2 shots and the last one that was qouted above me. They have a really nice warm old feeling to them.

Thanks, I've been wanting to get a night shot with the headlights on. I took this pic today, it was a spurt of the moment thing. I'm going back later and reposition the car where it's facing towards me more. This was my first attempt at a b/w photo, so I'm sure it's a little off.

Oldpic2.jpg

Most reactions

Back