African Lady portrait

HollandHusker

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This picture was taken in Rwanda. Tell me everything you would change to make this pic look better.
Thanks in advance!:thumbup:
6f876c4b.jpg

I like to see eye contact with the camera. I can see she is shading her eyes, but a closed mouth would help. You just have to wait for the moment.

I'd like to see more of the woman. I love that you got so much of the backgroud as well, it sets the scene for the photo.

henryhurrry said:
I like to see eye contact with the camera. I can see she is shading her eyes, but a closed mouth would help. You just have to wait for the moment.

This lady didn't pose for this shot, she was just standing there looking in the distance.:D But thank you for the advice:) The shade in her eyes, you're right about that, what can you do about it?

Alison said:
I'd like to see more of the woman. I love that you got so much of the backgroud as well, it sets the scene for the photo.

As I told Henry it wasn't a pose , but yeah it might've been a better shot with more of the subject in it. Thanks :) :thumbup:

I agree with the (seeing more of her) For me HER and NOT so much the background.. Crop down around her and lighten up a little bit... Mind if we alter for you?

Holly said:
I agree with the (seeing more of her) For me HER and NOT so much the background.. Crop down around her and lighten up a little bit... Mind if we alter for you?

Thanks for the advice, you may do what you want:thumbup:

DepthAfield said:
I agree... This image is wonderful as is. Well done.

Thanks both of you, I loved it too but just wondered what other people opinion was and things that would make this picture better next time. I have more pictures from Africa if you guys want to see them I'll post them somewhere they belong:wink:

as a picture it is great... I agree as a portrait I'm not convinced... I think to be called portrait, it needs to be about the woman not the landscape. But thats just me. On the cover of a magazine I can see it just like it is without any problem. Possibly in my case it is a matter of semantics.

Thanks! Yes I agree... as a snap shot its a great photo! We all have taken those and they are wonderful to take!! :)

here is what I have done.. Its hard with a smaller image so it may be grainy ...

aa.jpg

OR

aa1.jpg

It does add something you are right about that, but on the second one the background is a bit too vague. Something I kinda liked about the picture see:) Thanks for the effort though:)

Most reactions

Back