Age Excuses...

TL:DR
I understand where op is coming from,
Almost everyone uner the age of 18 / 20
Say "*age* year old photos - C&C"
it is fairly annoying, although they have Great shots, they feel the need to state their age (in otherwords they know they are good shots and want more praise)

Let me take a stab at this. Honestly, I'd be lying if I thought this thread was all about helping people. You posted it because it obviously bothers you. What matters is why it bothers you... It makes no sense for it to bother you that other people aren't getting as much out of posting here as you'd like them to, so I don't think that's it.

I think it's a maturity thing. As people grow up, their level of maturity changes quite rapidly for a long time, especially through middle school, high school, and mostly through college. I know when I was 17, seeing a 15 year old who was doing something I perceived to be immature bothered me. What do you think this thread is going to look like to you when you're 19? 24? It's not going to look like as rational and insightful as you think right now.

At some point (most of us) get over it, and just let people who are immature be immature. It's not affecting you, so why get worked up over it? Let it go.

There's one way it bothers me. It bothers me because the kid's don't get good advice and therefore can't learn nearly as much. You learn twice as much talking to someone directly rather than reading something general. I don't care what age they are and it's not annoying me because they put their age, it's annoying me that people respond differently BECAUsE of their age. They should receive equal advice [even if the advice is made simpler]. We all need to learn and practice to get better.
If someones doing something wrong and you say good work they're going to keep doing it and form bah habits. If you start them with good technique and the right ways then they'll keep those and become much more successful, as if it were school

Let me take a stab at this. Honestly, I'd be lying if I thought this thread was all about helping people. You posted it because it obviously bothers you. What matters is why it bothers you... It makes no sense for it to bother you that other people aren't getting as much out of posting here as you'd like them to, so I don't think that's it.

I think it's a maturity thing. As people grow up, their level of maturity changes quite rapidly for a long time, especially through middle school, high school, and mostly through college. I know when I was 17, seeing a 15 year old who was doing something I perceived to be immature bothered me. What do you think this thread is going to look like to you when you're 19? 24? It's not going to look like as rational and insightful as you think right now.

At some point (most of us) get over it, and just let people who are immature be immature. It's not affecting you, so why get worked up over it? Let it go.

ahh yes, but see...there's a difference between immaturity and having a healthy debate. how photo28 initially expressed his thoughts and ideas was immature, but im sure we got the point.

now, is this a healty debate? eh...could be better, but this subject isnt immature in itself. it can make for a valid point, and i think some have been made. doesnt mean the topic bothers someone enough to lose sleep over. its just a discussion which is kinda the point of these here discussion forums. :)

I agree with K on this one. I dont care who you are, what colour you are of if you are 5 years old, or 105 years old. Im commenting on your photo, not you. Also, this age things works both ways. It is all about repect.
I played ball hockey in a league, and the age range was from 16 to 43(guess who the 43 year old was and my nicname was "grandpa".) Well, when it came to the year end awards, I won leading scorer. The comment from the 16 year old sitting at the table was....."not bad for an old guy". :lol::lol: Go figure. When I walked by Cam, I said...."buddy, your gonna be an old guy one day":lol::lol:

No matter who you are, just be yourself. Age is only a number, not a status. People can get knocked off at 16 or 60. Enjoy your time here while ya got it. :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back