Age old grip question

ewick

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So I been using a very cheap grip I bought for 25.00 on a d90 and it has worked great.
I just got a d7100 and was looking to get a grip for it and nikon grips go for about 200.00 while you can find cheaper one as low as 40.00
any one know why some are so expensive and some so cheap?
Oh and having a grip is awesome. takes a second to get used to it but once you do you wont go back.

I really wish it was printed somewhere on my "cheap knockoff" but it's not.I've had mine on my D7000 for 2 yrs,give or take,and it still functions as well as the day I bought it.I had only bought it to carry a second battery,as I rarely shoot vertical,and 9 out of 10 x,I forget I can use the vertical button............just checked,and it works just fine!

The Nikon grips have better made controls, buttons, an internal hardware - and a Nikon warranty.
Read Nikon's camera warranty. 3rd party lenses, grips, batteries, hot shoe flash units, triggers, remotes, etc - are not Nikon authorized parts. https://support.nikonusa.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/333/related/1
3. This warranty does not apply to any defects or damage directly or indirectly caused by or resulting from the use unauthorized replacement parts and/or . . .

When the el cheapo, plastic, knockoff, 3rd party grip breaks at the tripod mount and your camera and lens fall to the ground - you can thank your lucky stars you saved $125 to $160 on the grip.

Most reactions

Back