Ahhhhhhh!

nealjpage

multi format master in a film geek package
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Help me! Despite my best efforts to dissuade them, my friend and his fiance really want me to photograph their wedding. This is despite my pleas not to do it, my frantic descriptions of my lack of professional work, and my almost utter lack of talent when it comes to portraiture. They were most insistant, and explained that they didn't have the budget for photos and won't have any pictures at all if don't volunteer. Since I don't want them to be photo-less, I reluctantly agreed, on the condition that they won't lord my failure to produce good images over me.

Where should I start, besides watching this forum like a hawk? My equipment: Pentax K1000, standard 50mm lens, Leica IIIc, 50mm lens, Bronica ETRS, 75mm lens. I've been looking for a 40mm and a 150mm for the Bronica anyways, as well as a few extra backs, so maybe this could be the reason to beef up my arsenal. :er:

Clearly they like your work. Go for it. It will be fun! The arsenal is up to you. I would stick to the Leica and shoot the Bronica during those special moments.

Love & Bass

You can't let them down if they won't have any photos otherwise. Go and have fun and give 'em great memories!
BTW, you have some nice camera stuff!!!!!

I'd first check out the "Hot tips for WEDDING photography" sticky on this forum, if you haven't already. Then spend a few hours online looking at lots and lots of wedding photos. I think the biggest help when photographing a wedding is having a game plan... Know what pictures you want to take, where you want to take them and have a picture in your head of how you want them posed.

I'll say. good luck to you. I got married 5 years ago when a dedcent camera cost a little too much to purchase for a family member or freind and I could not afford a photographer.
So I ended up with a bunch of point and shoot pictures that were posed like a photographer would have done but taken by a bunch of drunk people! hahahah

I would have been thrilled to know someone even slightly talented in the area with even a little bit of the capabilities of the SLR's that are out now. DO IT! I wish I would have known someone!!!!

Phew. Dodged that bullet. The bride's mom hired someone.

:lol: You know what you should do now? Go to the wedding with your equipment and take some of your own pictures (being mindful of the professional who was hired of course) use it as practice and get them some great shots from your perspective! Would be a great wedding gift ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back