Airplane questions...

Yeah...we don't plan to check anything. I've already checked size restrictions and such...and I already have a small rolling suitcase that is small enough. Not sure yet what Erik is going to do! :lol: My other suitcase is just a bit too big, so he can't use that one, and he doesn't have any of his own that I know of. I won't be surprised if he shoves his clothes in his bookbag, actually. I'll have all his toiletries in my bag, so all he'll need is enough room for clothes.

I keep meaning to do a practice pack to make sure everything will fit ok! (I'm sure it will, I'm not packing much!)...who knows..maybe I'll be able to get his stuff in my bag as well. I'm pretty good at making the most of little spaces...you should see my camera bag! :lol:

core_17 said:
Are you trying to get me in trouble? :hertz:
Me? Heavens never!

seriously, though. I carried on my clarinet case (as big as a small suitcase), my camera bag, and my laptop, and they didn't give me any trouble. Basically, you can put something in the overhead and then as long as everything else fits under the seat in front of you, they don't mind.

Depends on the airline. I'm a bondafide Miles Whore, so I fly a lot. Each airline is different, but as a general rule, you can check 1 bag and carry 2 on, or carry 1 on and check 2. Food, drinks and stuff in your hands doesn't count as a personal item. It may be unwieldy to carry through security, so stick it in a bag.

Your purse isn't generally counted as one of the carry-on bags. I carry my own water, since sometimes I'm parched and the flight attendants take their time getting around with the cart. Have a good flight! I will be on one tomorrow at 7am, then another one at 4pm coming back the other way!

Take food on the plane. I always do as I think that the aiplane food tastes like super glue mixed with bland.

I take sandwiches and sweets and chocolate bars, cakes or mini pies of some description. It's great.

If you aren't picky like me then eat the airplane food. Assuming they serve it which they will on a long flight. If not they will probably sell stuff as extra. You could just go hungry. This personal item thing must a US thing. They wont stop you from taking a carrier bag with sandwiches on to the plane. You aren't even changing country so that is fine.

I find plane joruneys boring, mundane and the films are rarely good and nearly always cut tso that kids on the flight can watch it. Ijust slep for most of them regardless of length.

Big Mike said:
...about 3 grams of bland something :( .
:lol:.

Thanks to the jetBlue guy, who promoted the no/paid-meal idea! :irked:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back