Alaskan Summer

DuckSpaz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I had the opportunity to spend the summer in Alaska working as a fly fishing guide, now and then I would get a little time to break out the 30D and try to capture some shots, here are a few of my favorites from the summer.

eagle.jpg

eagle2.jpg

eagle3.jpg

eagle4.jpg

Nice shots! My wife and I will be off to Alaska during the summer of 08. I can't wait to get up there.

The second Bear shot isn't somethig I think I'd want to see while out hiking.

The talons on that Eagle look as big as my fist. Incredible birds.

Those eagle shots are awesome. The third one is just flat amazing.

Ok, I have to ask... how does someone from Rhode Island qualify for a job of fly fishing guide? There's got to be a story behind that. :D

Nice shots by the way. Great Eagle shots and that bear looking up out of the grass is neat.

Mike

Had to call my son over for this series here, mostly so because you are saying you went up to Alaska as fly fishing guide, that alone caught my attention (and then my son's), for he is in the process of learning how to cast the fly line and all and is really interested in the subject.

And although also he was quite impressed by the eagle and bear shots, the ones of the salmon interested him most and he explained to me that only wild salmon have those still all intact and triangle shaped tail fins, all those raised in salmon farms usually end with nibbled off little ones, and he explained that those that still have their real and whole tail fins have so much POWER in them! (Not that he has ever caught salmon, but he reads a lot about it ;)).

So here, for a change, is someone who quite much appreciated your last set of photos :D.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back