All you West Coast ppl...

Mitica100

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Are you alright? I just heard about the strong earthquake and the possible Tsunami warning... Supposedly happened between 6 and 7pm.:confused:

Any truth to that? Anyone felt it?

Earthquake off California coast

There were so far no reports of casualties and the tsunami warning was quickly cancelled.

This is the third quake along the Pacific edge of the Americas in less than 48 hours.

One struck northern Chile late on Monday killing 11 people and a second was felt in the Aleutian Islands, off Alaska, on Tuesday.

The earthquake occurred Wednesday at 0250 GMT about 146km (91 miles) west of Crescent City, which was hit by a tsunami in 1964.

The tsunami warning covered the entire western coast of the US before it was cancelled.

Witnesses felt buildings shake along the Californian coast but there were no immediate reports of damage.

Monday's earthquake in northern Chile had a magnitude of 7.9 and was felt in neighbouring Peru and Bolivia.

The Alaskan 6.8 magnitude quake struck in the region of the Rat Islands, part of the Aleutian Islands. There were no reports of casualties or damage.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4094234.stm

We're fine...no disasters here. It was issused pretty much as a "just in case" measure. I think that they jumped the gun on that warning.

Hey that was a good one this time. Whole house got rocked pretty good, even sloshed water out of the gecko's bowl. Now excuse me while I go glue my bottle collection down ;)

Most reactions

Back