Almost 30-year-old photos from Prague (1)

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Tempra was in Prague. Conor was in Prague.
I once was in Prague, too.

My visit was not recent, it was at the end of April in 1977, I was 17 and the camera I had was a Rollei35 and I used Kodakcrome21, I guess. The slides I took suffered heaps from bad storage, but Tempra and I talked about my pics and he suggested I show them, anyway.

Here are the first:

prag15.jpg

Tourists gathering on Old Town Square in front of the Astronomical Clock on the wall of - I think - the Old Town Hall.

prag13.jpg

St. Nicholas Church on the Old Town Square

prag12.jpg

View of Old Town Square from the look-out on the Town Hall Tower

prag11.jpg

St. Nicholas Church seen from the tower of the Town Hall

prag10.jpg

View of Hradcany and Prague Castle above the Lesser Town across the Vtlava (Moldau) as seen from the look-out tower of the Town Hall

prag14.jpg

I can no longer find out what this house represents, but I know I was impressed by its colour back then, when most of the houses were grey.

More photos tomorrow, ok :D
(Now also go and check out my son's pics from Norway in Landscape and Nature, he has joined the forum, he is called Florian in real life and on here on the forum ;) ;) ;)).

Great ones Corinna, you would be lucky to get the same views today as the square is packed with tourists - at least it was when I was there, especially when death comes out on the hour.

And the square is now lined with outdoor restaurant areas, so they are really going for the tourist money.

I love old photos, in 1977 I was in the scouts and we got a badge for the queens silver jubilee - it was her golden one a few years ago! time flies by eh?

The third photo is defintely one that could never be 'retaken'. How neat to see these landmarks appear practically the exact same as one might see them today.

Thanks for sharing.

The look of these is great. They have that look, like an old look to them the colors and everything. Not to mention the shots themselves

Great series. I like the look. Photos are never really old- they keep our memories alive.

Great shots Lafoto!!! I have to say that I love #3. The view is great.....I find it very interesting to look at.

Thanks all for the comments on my first pics of Prague from about 30 years ago ... I had to go to bed and might get round to posting a second lot today. It is such a cool trip down memory lane for me :D.
I want to go back to Prague, but I might not recognise much of it... when it is sooooo full of tourists now!?!?!?

Those slides are nice ... and very nostalgic to me ;)

Anywa,y I went to Prague on business last autumn, and took some slides too, maybe I should post them here for comparison ;)

Regarding the colour change, there are ways to reconstruct the colour by some scanner algorithms on modern film scanning hardware. Not sure ho well it works though, as my slides never suffered that much.

Besides the city ... I also loved the food and beer in Prague ;)

[Edit: dug out two images ...]

Here are two slides I am not really proud of in terms of photography, but they show what things look like today on Laforo'S slide no. 1.

This shows a different perspective of LaFoto's slide 1:
prague05_024.jpg

This one is the building on the far right of LaFoto's slide 1:
prague05_023.jpg

Please, no comments on how bad (perspective-wise) these two are compared with the original ... I know! ;-)

cool shots corinna..... love the 70's look..... it really comes out in these photographs.... thanks for diggin em out :)

Don't mention it, Chris!!! :hertz: !!!

I'm not convinced you took these shots LaFoto, you say they are 30 years old but I'm sure your not 30years old

BTW i like the 3rd shot the best

Most reactions

New Topics

Back