Amanda's Movie Reviews

Nikon Fan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Thought since I was bored I'd write movie reviews and post them up....this one will have quite a few since it's been a while sinse I've done this :) Feel free to disagree and write your own!!! These are just my opinions so don't try and sue me for hating a movie I say is great :) Maybe I should develop an emoticon rating system....

Napoleon Dynamite Awesome movie!!! Has no point or story line really, but the quotes in it are amazing!!! I enjoyed it so much it's my new avatar right now! If you don't like stupid humor this movie is not for you. If you want to blow time and have a good laugh at random insanity watch this!!!

Spiderman 2 Decent flick. Not as great as the first was, but good enough to watch at least once. The effects are worth it for sure, and the mvoie making behind it is the best part to me. If you liked the first even a little you probably won't be disappointed with this one!

Princess Diaries 2 Sucked big time. I'm sure for a 12 year old girl it's great, but I hated it. Sad part is I watched it on an airplane and we had just seen Anne Hathaway like 2 hours before on a different airplane. She was nice, but the movie itself was pointless!!!

Emperor's New Groove I know this one has been out for a long time, but I just saw it a few weeks ago and it rocked!!! It's totally hilarious and also a cute cartoon. The kids would love it, but I think it's one that's funnier to adults...has a lot of good lines to quote as well :)

Anchorman Have only made it through half so far, but the parts I saw were hilarious!!! Will Ferrell is awesome, and the guy that's in Bruce Almighty as the news reporter does a great job in this one as well :) Hope to see him in many more movies!!! Wouldn't suggest this movie for those that don't think sexual humor or language is funny though...

A Cinderella Story Bit big time as well. I'm not a Hilary Duff fan at all, but even if I was this was too cheesy. There was like one funny part and the rest was just junk. Again a 12 year old girl would think it was great, but in my mind a waste of time and money!

Dodgeball Hilarious!!! Ben Stiller is insane, and if you like slapstick humor you will think this film is great! Again another movie for the quoters out there! "Nobody makes me bleed my own blood, nobody" In fact I think I may go and watch this again!!!

Great idea! Napolean Dynamite is next in our queue for the blockbuster online rentals!

We just watched the Terminal which was okay. I do like Tom Hanks but a lot of the scenes seemed to drag on. Next up are Manchurian Candidate and the last of the LOTR trilogy.

Very good idea.

City of God
This movie is not a typically Hollywood production, but it's very well done. It starts with a shifting time line and the introduction of quite a few characters, which seemed confusing at first but things fell into place very nicely and I was caught up in the story before I knew it. It is quite violent but that fits with the setting and is indeed part of the theme of the story. It's based on true events and is told from the perspective of a boy who grew up to become a photographer.

Big Mike said:
Very good idea.

City of God
This movie is not a typically Hollywood production, but it's very well done. It starts with a shifting time line and the introduction of quite a few characters, which seemed confusing at first but things fell into place very nicely and I was caught up in the story before I knew it. It is quite violent but that fits with the setting and is indeed part of the theme of the story. It's based on true events and is told from the perspective of a boy who grew up to become a photographer.

amazing film...it's an indie flick i believe.

haha the anchorman is awesome! i love that movie, everyone from Old School is also in it :D LOUD NOISES!!

With all due respect... The movies mentioned in "Amanda's movie review" have no redeeming quality. Why review films where the craft has been left out? I say look at films like Clint Eastwood's "Million Dollar Babies" and Marty Scorsesees "Aviator" and Michael Mann's "Collateral". All though these films are very "hollywood" the film craft is amazing.

What about "Team America - World Police"?? Now this movie is full of "craft". From the brilliantly choreographed fight scenes to the sensual love/sex scene ;) Buckets of one liners for the quoters too. A big two thumbs up from me and one to add to the home movie collection.

Sorry folks, just a little bit of a TIC here. Though i thought the show was a crack up.

"Team America" was a picture that never I even considered. One up for the craft because I think they use marionettes. Fully unrelated; Broadway has a hit through the use of puppets; "Avenue Q".

I wanted to check out The Aviator last week but the wife won out (as usual) and we saw Finding Neverland. (Not a film about Michael Jackson) I must admit it was well worth watching. Good cinematography and even evoked a tear or two!

craig said:
With all due respect... The movies mentioned in "Amanda's movie review" have no redeeming quality. Why review films where the craft has been left out? I say look at films like Clint Eastwood's "Million Dollar Babies" and Marty Scorsesees "Aviator" and Michael Mann's "Collateral". All though these films are very "hollywood" the film craft is amazing.

Because I wasn't reviewing movies based on craft, I was doing ones that I had seen in the past week!!! Movie reviews for fun have you...rather than a boring day with Leonard Malten :) I've seen Collateral, but it was when it first came out, good movie IMO, but again not one I've seen recently enough to remember half of it! Feel free to write up your own reviews if you want...based on craft, or whatever you feel like. But some people enjoy all types of movies...stupid humor and those with amazing qualities like The Shawshank Redemption for instance. IMO all films should have the opportunity to be reviewed even if it only cost $400,000 to make in the case of Napoleon Dynamite...and then look at the huge success it has become in colleges and high schools!!! I'd say it's worth a review...but that's my opinion. If we only review movies that have good craft behind them, then many of people's favorite movies would never get reviewed!!!!

Ray kicked much booty IMO. Jamie Foxx deserves the Oscar!!!

Oh and Catwoman should get Halle Berry's taken away from her. Even her prancing around in leather could not convince me to even remotely like this chunk of hippo poop. Forgotten sucked monkey ass too. and I'll diss Sky captain and AVP too. DISSED!!!

"No redeeming value" may have been a little harsh. I get your drift and different strokes for different folks. I take movies very seriously. I do agree that it is exciting when films like "Napoleon Dynamite" and "Sideways hit big.

DISNEY© and I do not get along. All though I got some great shots from there store (the wife loves DISNEY©) on 5th ave in NYC.

I have been on a Robert Altman kick this past week.
THE COMPANY Stars Neve Campbell. The picture gives an insider view of The Joffery Ballet company in Chicago. I have never been a fan of dance, but this film made me a believer. The dance sequences are stunning. The amount of work that these students put in is incredible. Not to mention the pressure. Malcom McDowell's role as the companies goofy director rounds out the film so you have romance drama and comedy.
COOKIES FORTUNE Stars the incomparable Patricia Neal (I think we lost her shortly after the film was released) and Charles S Dutton. The film is a hilarious tale of a man wrongly accused of murder in a small southern town.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back