Amateur at the local short track races

JrGMan2004

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok, so I do a bit of macro photography for my work (Though that's just with a Nikon Coolpix 5000 series) and my dad has a Nikon film SLR, so I decided that i wanted to get a DSLR for myself. Recently bought the D40, but I just have the 18-55mm basic kit lens so far (Need to save up some money :blushing:). So anyways, went out to the local short track to catch some races last night, and brought my camera along to see if I could get some shots. Did alright, but with the short lens, it was tough to get good pictures across the track. In time, I want to save up for a lens that will be more capable of doing the fast action shots (for both racing and football) under the lights. We'll see. Anyways, on to the pictures!

Web page link with all of the pics:
http://www.half-dimes.com/pics/091507/

A few of the high-lights...

06.jpg

08.jpg

12.jpg

14.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

Hi,

Could you please number your photos when you post again? That makes it easier to comment. Thanks :)

In photo nr 4: sticking your arm out of the window when doing a 360 degrees spin with your nose against your mate's front seems like rather a logical thing to do if you're planning to loose that arm... LOL

Although I don't see very great photos, your serie gives a very nice impression of the event and I wish I had been there. Not much events like these where I live. I like the warm sunset light in nr2.

Welcome to the Photo Forum.

Cheers, Jeroen

Added numbering to the web page link. In case you didn't realize, there's more pictures there, the couple I picked out to put in the post are just a few of the high-light pictures I pulled out.

Anyways, as for the guy with his arm out the window, that was after the race. The teammates finished 1 and 2... :wink:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back