Ambient Lighting

eForce

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've been shooting for about a month now. (Canon XTi) I just can't seem to shoot in a room without the flash. I've tried the lowest F Stop and as low a shutter speed as I can go. What else should I do?

Even if I set the camera on a tripod and do a .3 sec shutter, it's perfectly focused but it's all grainy. Any point and shoot film camera I've ever used always seems to work with the ambient lighting.

Any advice will greatly be appreciated.

I keep it at 100 or 200 because I read when you increase it, it gets all grainy.

can it not be done at ISO 100 or 200?

Really, 100 (or maybe 50) is good for a sunny day.....The ISO will have to go up with that. Also, you said the smallest fstop?? You mean that 1/2 is smaller than 1/22?? This always confuses people and they say it bass ackwards. The smaller the bottom number the larger the aperture.

I'd bump up the ISO and make sure the aperture is wide open. Also, don't zoom down the lens all that much. Longer focal lengths let in less light...

You don't need to up the ISO if you are using a tripod.

It sounds to me like your shots are not exposed very well....which could be one or more of several different problems.

If you show us an example (with included shooting info) it would be easier to diagnose the problem.

thanks all. I did use a tripod and the largest aperture (smallest F stop).

The only this is the ISO. I deleted the pictures but will try again...one with 200 ISO and one at 800.

It just surprises me that you'd have to use a tripod when any point and shoot could do it.

It just surprises me that you'd have to use a tripod when any point and shoot could do it.
That doesn't sound right.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back