img_4508.jpg

img_4682.jpg

img_4721.jpg

img_4791.jpg

img_4920.jpg

9 (Only one with a flash...)
img_5108.jpg

img_5227.jpg

It's great to see these animals in a realistic environment, as opposed to how most of us are forced to shoot them...behind bars or wire.

Those are AWESOME! And to get to see those animals in their natural habitat.. what a rush! Very nice pics, all of them!

Wow, they are real nice, I like 4, 5, 9 and 10.

Damn you are one lucky chap. I went to Kenya 15 years ago. The only two animals I was dying to see where: a leopard and a wild dog (not hyena). I saw piles of animals but didn't see either of them. You on the other hand, not only saw them, but got great pictures of them. Lucky, lucky, lucky....

This series is awesome & inspiring! I like 'em all! Did you sign on for a safari trip or were there for some other reason (such as a job)? Either way, you are very lucky!! Wish I could go on a trip like that.

Heyyy, nice series!!! You have some really good shots there!! My faves are 1, 4, 7 and 10. Thanks for posting these.

Very nice, birdstrike.
But they could be a lot better if you did some post processing. Auto levels comes to mind.

SpaceNut said:
This series is awesome & inspiring! I like 'em all! Did you sign on for a safari trip or were there for some other reason (such as a job)?

Thank you, thank you. It would be great if someone could pay me to do this, but it is all vacation time and personal expense. I had 200K British Airways miles to blow and business class to Botswana seemed the best way to do it.

I liked it so much that I'm planning a repeat trip for July 2008. This time I should have enough miles to do the entire trip in First :)

W.Smith said:
Very nice, birdstrike.
But they could be a lot better if you did some post processing. Auto levels comes to mind.

Thanks W. I've just started playing with Adobe Lightroom. I'll use these as test cases.

I agree with all the above comments. This is an awesome series. I can only imagine what Africa is like so thank you for sharing your photos. A real treat.

That one with a flash ruins everything... Without it they look so cute...

Wonderful pictures! Thanks for sharing.

mitake said:
That one with a flash ruins everything... Without it they look so cute...
#9 and #10 are the same animal. Down there they call Impala "Fast Food". :) Thy even have an "M" on their backside that looks like a McDonalds logo. :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back