anchorage + night + fast cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nix

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
ok. here is a shot that i took last night at around 1am with a couple of my friends. we have from left to right

95 nissan 240sx, 99 subaru 2.5rs, 06 mitsubishi lancer evolution, 06 mazda3, 99 mitsubishi eclipse gsx

i wanted a good representation of import cars and i do believe i got one. i was also looking for very different bodystyles, which i also got. but im just wondering about your personal opinions of the shot and what i can do to improve it. thank you

wholecrew1.jpg

Personally I would crop it tighter to get better detail on the cars at that size ...

Or make it bigger :D

I thought you said fast cars??? :lmao: Aside from your EVO, depending on what that 240 is running (intercooler in the grill, it has something) and the DSM could potentially be fast, but the 3??? come on now :lol:

White balance would help the picture out a ton. You need to custom white balance off a grey card, or a white piece of paper at least so you can get accurate colors. That 240 should be white!

So whats done to all the cars?

240sx with an rb25det
99 2.5 with an sti swap
evo my baby = secret ^_^
mazda3 = sister of the eclipse... needed another car for #'s
eclipse = uhm yeah... mad fast dsm

btw... also how do i adjust the white balance in photoshop cs2? i cannot find it ANYWHERE in that program :'(

You can't actually change WB in Photoshop. You can only change WB in post if you shoot in RAW before you convert the file. In Photoshop you'll have to try adjusting the color levels but it's very hard to get it "right" unless someone has another tip.

hope you don't mind but I had a little play in CS2

wholecrew1copy.jpg

its still not perfect

I started off by selecting the colour of the ground as that was the colour of the colourcast.

Then make a new image say 40x40 pixels and fill it with that colour then invert it CTRL + I

Then on the original picture

go to IMAGE / ADJUSTMENTS / PHOTO FILTER
and click on the colour box and select the colour in the small picture (40x40 pixels) that you filled with colour and click OK move the DENSITY slider as you see fit.

what it does is cancel out the cast by adding the inverted colour of the cast

the best thing you could do to improve that picture is replace all the cars (unless 16 sec 1/4 mile is considered fast in anchorage?), other than that, nice pic...

the best thing you could do to improve that picture is replace all the cars (unless 16 sec 1/4 mile is considered fast in anchorage?), other than that, nice pic...
wow your funny. with current mods theres only two cars there not in the 12's. the silvia which is in the 11's and the mazda3 that was there as a filler. replace all the cars? wow... i dont like you

Wow lostprophet helped you out alot, nice job. That white car now looks white.

As for the picture's composision. I think the buildings in the background are waaaay to sharp. It confuses the viewer.

HA, dont know if they teach you to count in Mississippi, but I dont think rb25det 240's run 16s evar, nor do stock GSX's, or Evo's last time I looked. And show me an STi that runs 16's, and I'll show you the worlds worst driver. The 3? yeah thats a slow car unless it has "Mazdaspeed" in front of it.

But, to improve the picture, have all the cars turn their wheels towards the center of the picture to show off some rim.

hope you don't mind but I had a little play in CS2

wholecrew1copy.jpg

its still not perfect

I started off by selecting the colour of the ground as that was the colour of the colourcast.

Then make a new image say 40x40 pixels and fill it with that colour then invert it CTRL + I

Then on the original picture

go to IMAGE / ADJUSTMENTS / PHOTO FILTER
and click on the colour box and select the colour in the small picture (40x40 pixels) that you filled with colour and click OK move the DENSITY slider as you see fit.

what it does is cancel out the cast by adding the inverted colour of the cast
what you did is AMAZING, i just tried to copy what you did to see if i can understand how to do this... but i dont understand the whole color cast thing... is there any way that you could give me a step by step idiot instructions? im very sorry im just trying to understand it.

this is what I did

open your photo then FILE / NEW and just create a new picture
then use the colour picker tool and select an area when there is a colour cast, because your shot was under tungsten lighting there is an orange cast
step1.jpg

fill the empty picture with that colour

step2.jpg

invert that colour by pressing CTRL + I

step3.jpg

select IMAGE / ADJUSTMENTS / PHOTO FILTER

step4.jpg

then click the COLOR option

step5.jpg

then click inside the new image, so you are selecting the inverted colour cast colour. and click OK then more the DENSITY slider to 100%

step6.jpg

the image will now look better but if it still doesn't look 'right' play with the COLOUR BALANCE which is under IMAGE / ADJUSTMENtS / COLOR BALANCE and move the sliders a little at a time

hope this helps

HA, dont know if they teach you to count in Mississippi, but I dont think rb25det 240's run 16s evar, nor do stock GSX's, or Evo's last time I looked. And show me an STi that runs 16's, and I'll show you the worlds worst driver. The 3? yeah thats a slow car unless it has "Mazdaspeed" in front of it.

But, to improve the picture, have all the cars turn their wheels towards the center of the picture to show off some rim.

no, they don't teach us how to count here, we're basically considered a 3rd world country. I'd rather live in the south with the weather and gorgeous women we have here w/o being able to count then live in MD anyday.

sorry nix, i'm just not an import guy at all. would rather have a car with this little thing american cars have called torque. the looks, the sound, the power, all superior with a v8 over those cars. I do usually try to remember 'to each his own' so I'll retract my last post and just leave it at 'cool picture!'

v8 pooowaaaaaaaaah rofl. i love american muscle car enthusiast attitudes...

"even though that 2.0 liter turbo charged awd car is faster than me in a straight line, faster than me around the corners, better on bad roads and superior in reliability and fuel consumption im still going to sit here on my redneck pedestal and proclaim the superiority of my v8 because of the way it sounds and that its "american"'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back