Ancient and Modern

Fangman

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
London-sep-09-157.jpg

Was taken by the lamps in the Royal Mews yesterday, but somewhat spoilt my the modern additions fitted below, which i hate to admit i did not notice until viewing in Lightroom in the evening.

Don't you just hate when they add modern amenities to neat old things? I live in an area with many old covered bridges, and the counties have added traffic signs to many of them as well as traffic light structues in front of a few which just ruins the old time charm.

Anyway, to get back to your photo, I didn't really notice the new lights till I read your description. I was too busy looking at the older lights; they're gorgeous. Were they originally gas or always electric? The only thing that really bothers me with the photo is the color seems a bit flat. Maybe a slight bump in saturation and contrast would brighten it up.

We had been given tickets for the tours of Gallery, Mews and State Rooms of Buckingham Palace and went up to town by train (I was told it had been 9 years since i last travelled by train) and foolishly decided not to take the 40D and stuck a little 5meg Fuji in my pocket. I have still not been forgiven for grumbling all day about my choice of camera! I rarely use the Fuji - it lives in the car - and did not enjoy the lag and tiny viewfinder and most of all the 18-200 sigma that it my all purpose lens for the Canon. Sorry a long winded way of explaining a flat image - any more saturation produces a blotchy sky on the 5meg image.

:thumbup: I've done that too - left the Sony-100 home in favor of the Canon Point and shoot and then said to myself. "Why did I do this?" ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back