Angel

GacAttack

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
C&C, please, Thanks!

GAC_Night_Shots_CRW_8813_Edit.jpg

too much dead sky up top... definitely the most "artistic" feel of the few pics you posted here today. it has nice round shapes that lead your eye around the image, but unfortunately the viewer isn't rewarded with anything to look at once they do look around. the image of the angel is too small in this image to make it a focal point.

there seems to be a lot of noise in the right buildings brickwork also... or it could be texture, but it's hard to tell at this size.

the same barrel distortion that was present in another image i critiqued is here also. i think that you can correct that with a photo editing software. just look up your lens and add barrel distortion correction to get the numbers.

the image is very monotone with the exception of the angel, is it possible to get darker skies wherever you're shooting? all of the images have what seem to be a lot of light pollution in the sky. darker skies or even shooting in the day time will give more contrast between the buildings and background.

personally i'd love to see more of that angel against a black night sky

Thanks for the feedback on this one. It is my personal favorite from this shoot.

Yes, there is a ton of light pollution. My experience and skill with photoshop and other processing is limited (but improving!), so I'm usually just working with available light. These photos were taken just a 3-wood away from downtown St Paul, MN-- lots of spilled light.

When I get a chance, I'll take a stab at blackening up the sky and maybe add in a moon somewhere. I know that's a little outside of this area's purpose, but what the heck.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back