Another hero gone...

:( :(

Sad day for the free press!

fadingaway1986 said:
Good on him... he had the guts... I envy that.
I'm afraid I find that comment childish and offensive. Suicide is the cowards way out - it takes courage to go on living.

Hertz van Rental said:
I'm afraid I find that comment childish and offensive. Suicide is the cowards way out - it takes courage to go on living.
How do you know she was referring to the act of suicide? When I read her post I thought she was referring to the way he lived his life.

Perhaps seeking clarification rather than passing instant judgment would be better here.

terri said:
How do you know she was referring to the act of suicide? When I read her post I thought she was referring to the way he lived his life.

Perhaps seeking clarification rather than passing instant judgment would be better here.

That isn't how I read it.
And I don't think you are in a position to lecture me about 'instant judgement'.

eewww, but the grapes are sour today! :lol:

"lecture"? A question and a suggestion, Hertz. So quick on the trigger here! My goodness!

Powerful writer. I think "sad day for the free press" says it best. His appetite for life was clear. Thompson's view on his own death was also expressed. Choosing death is seemingly "takin' the easy way out". One thought may be that some people live with demons. These demons are very personal. Impossible for anyone except for Hunter Thompson to relate to.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back