Another Lily Photo

dinodan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
It has been raining nonstop today, so it seemed like a good time to go through a bunch of my old, old slides. This is an Ektachrome from 1987.

Flower_10001enh.jpg

Nice contrasts with the orange lilies against the black background. But it feels like not all is right about focus ... somehow my eyes would expect to see the stamen of the flower on the left in focus, not that of the flower in the bottom right corner... in short: your aperture might have been too wide and so your DOF came out too short. (But that is only just my opinion 20 years after this photo was taken, so actually... it is of no importance).

LaFoto:

Thanks. For sure you're right about that. I noticed it too. Of course I have no recollection of taking the photo. I'm sure it was hand-held and I had to choose between less than optimum depth of field or camera shake. In that situation I'll nearly always opt for the faster shutter speed and larger aperture.

These days, I tend to carry a tripod more often.

It's a bit of an illusion, one tends to think that the top flower is closest to the camera (I guess because it's slightly larger), when in fact it must be the bottom one that's closest.

Despite the technical glitch, I still enjoy the flame-colored flowers against the pitch black background.

It's still raining here today, so I may be putting up some more old photos!

Thanks again for your observation.

DS

Most reactions

Back