Another Photo

ShutterGirl

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Here is a photo I took of one of the waterfalls on the Gonic Trail here in New Hampshire. It was getting towards dusk and I like the effects of the white in the dark water above.. hope you all like.. feel free to critique if you find something wrong.

gonictrail10.jpg

Very nice. I like the flowing effect that a slower shutter has on roiling water like that.

I might beef up the brightness just a bit (not enough to blow out the detail in the whitewater). That would accentuate the light-dark difference.

Just for a different version (don't know if it would be better, worse, or just different), I'd do a panorama crop that leaves out the shoreline at the top.

yeah, it's a little dark and also it looks like you needed to be using a tripod which i assume you weren't cause the background is blurry in addition to the water (the latter is expected of course).

i've always been a fan of fast water and slow shutters though. :)

I like the blurry background. It sort of works with the appearance of the water. The whole image has a painterly look to it. I would be interested to see it a little lighter, but I do like it as it is.

Actually I was using the tripod.. I would have never gotten what I got with free hand.. I adjusted my tripod in 3 different ways.. it was very helpful because the 300 lens would have been shaking to much. The blurred background is normal for the mode I was in... I wish it was lighter though...

very interesting, i like it .. has a "painted" looking effect :D

The water flowing will always be interesting. It is just to hard to deny the beautiful translucent curves and lines. I have seen whole books on waterfalls, consider going back to the scene, and also consider all waterfalls in the area. You are on to something.

Very nice shot, and I also agree that it would be better if it was just a little lighter. I typically prefer the water to be clearer with the blurred rush, however this really seems to work in this shot.

nice job :!:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back