Another test shoot | Self Portrait - 'The Detective' | Outtakes

I think in this one, I had the rim light bouncing of the reflector, I can't remember though. But now that I see it, I do agree.

plus with the fill, we'd probably be able to even see that you were holding a gun in #2 :)

the camera axis fill is a straight-on, flat, boring light to simply lighten the shadows a bit. Then you can play with the key:fill ratio to get the look you desire, but I dont like how you are so low-key, with a lighten background.

If there was no light on the BG, I don't think I'd be asking for it.

I think in this one, I had the rim light bouncing of the reflector, I can't remember though. But now that I see it, I do agree.

plus with the fill, we'd probably be able to even see that you were holding a gun in #2 :)

the camera axis fill is a straight-on, flat, boring light to simply lighten the shadows a bit. Then you can play with the key:fill ratio to get the look you desire, but I dont like how you are so low-key, with a lighten background.

If there was no light on the BG, I don't think I'd be asking for it.

Haha, subtle details are key. Good eye :)

I will look at adding another light stand so I can get a good three light set up.

I had my third light on the background laying down to start, but I ended up removing it.

Alright, heres an actual edit.

$14498095608_2e2d9218fa_c.jpg

I agree with everyone that you need just a tiny bit more light on the one side but otherwise really nice. You got far more keepers than I from my last round of self portraits. lol Also.. maybe its just me but the skin tones seem funky in the edit.. very red.

I agree with everyone that you need just a tiny bit more light on the one side but otherwise really nice. You got far more keepers than I from my last round of self portraits. lol Also.. maybe its just me but the skin tones seem funky in the edit.. very red.

Self portraits suck! haha. I always have a hard time.

I see what you mean by the red, I punched up the red so the shirt would pop, my eyes must of been fixated and didn't notice. Nice catch!

Heres an edit with some reds removed from the skin (not much, but so it shouldn't look weird haha)
$14498095608_96500412ca_c.jpg

well, I would tell you mho but I'm afraid you're going to ignore it just like you ignored two ladies saying something nice to you.... hm.... you could just say "Thank you girls"

^^^That. BUT...
Damn Sean!! Look at you looking all sexy!! I love the 4th one but you do need a little more fill.

Don't let Maria see this! She has a no shirt rule for male portraits...hehe

^^^That. BUT... Damn Sean!! Look at you looking all sexy!!

:giggle: what she said. ;-)

well, I would tell you mho but I'm afraid you're going to ignore it just like you ignored two ladies saying something nice to you.... hm.... you could just say "Thank you girls"

Thanks ladies!!!

I'll do my best at getting a better shot next time, maybe shirtless. I have been hitting the gym ;)

Just think how good it will feel next time, when you loose the clothes. :giggle:

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back