Ants & The Medical-Nikkor

KevRev123

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.omgsquirrel.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Now that we're finally getting some sort of warm weather I decided forget work for an hour or two and take my Nikon Medical-Nikkor.C AUTO 200mm f/5.6 out for some field work.

I have the LD-1 DC Power unit which allows me to use the built in ring flash untethered from a power outlet. Of course with the help of 8 D batteries which normally would be heavy but I have AA to D adapters that lets me use my Eneloops.

Using this lens is hard since ants move and there is no focus ring what so ever, so I have to constantly move. However I figured I'd use the good old trick of focusing on one spot and then snapping the picture when they stepped into it.

Here are the best:

#3 - Put a dime next to them so you can see scale and because it made them pause to inspect

#5 - Accidentally moved the ratio ring so it imprinted the 3x (3:1 life-size reproduction ratio) on the image.

You BADLY need a sensor cleaning.

I don't think it's on the sensor.... I'd say it's dust in the lens. My 28 exhibits the same problem with reversed on my bellows.

Hard not to see dust/dirt at f/45. D3 is a dust magnet but the lens elements also got some dirt/dust on them from being so up close to the ants.

I don't think it's on the sensor.... I'd say it's dust in the lens. My 28 exhibits the same problem with reversed on my bellows.

The lens internally is pretty good about not having dust in it, most of it is on sensor or the auxiliary lenses.

The quarter makes for an awesome touch! I feel like i'm watching A Bug's Life sort of... kind of puts it into perspective.

It's that doggone inflation!! When gregtallica posted it WAS a quarter...now, it's only a freakin' dime!

The lens internally is pretty good about not having dust in it, most of it is on sensor or the auxiliary lenses.

I can't see any of the dust inside of my lenses, but it still shows up exactly like they did here.

Most reactions

Back