Any car guys/gals in the house?

(and for what it's worth, I posted to dodgetalk.com before posting here)

The internet is full of wannabe flooring experts.
Absolutely. But some forums are run by real people who know a little about their niche and who actually have a hands-on attitude about managing their websites. I use my real name. Decades worth of industry events, personal & professional contacts with a variety of associations, luminaries in every segment of the industry and access, as the owner/admin of my website, to information that assures me that those who claim to be pros, are in fact pros. Pros on my forum get special recognition so that visitors will know they are talking to a pro.

But even pros can disagree in their methods and opinions. Some pros are better than others, even in the same area of expertise. It isn't my job to research or validate every nuance, but I do make sure people know when advice comes from a DIYer as opposed to a pro. I make sure everyone has access to manufacturer supplied instructions and requirements. And I run a tight ship - I've been providing support services and administering forums (not just flooring related) for over 20 years.

My pro members and I are not wannabe flooring experts. We may be wannabes in a lot of fields of interest, like photography, auto mechanics or whatever, but we are experts in flooring. And the best thing about being a professional on my forum is that every one of us understands that learning never stops and we don't have every answer. But we can help find it.

I've turned a few wrenches in my time. This could be anything, worn or lose asseccory belts, low oil pressure/low oil, exhaust leaks etc. It's hard to tell without being there in person but I would start with the broken exhaust bolts since this is a known possible culprit and probably an easy fix. I would still check your belts too, my mom pulled up to the house one day complaining about a similar noise issue. I poped the hood and to my amazement, her belt was only held together by a handful of threads. The broken/tethered/worn pieces was slapping everything as the engine turned.

I bought a Volkswagen. Will it last?

I had a similar problem with a "ticking" noise. Turns out oil pump was bad and ticking was in lower half of engine. Engine needed to be overhauled/replaced.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Most reactions

New Topics

Back