Any electronics buffs out there?

midget patrol

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Capacitor (c1) wired as follows:
untitledfn9.jpg

to adjust charge capacity of capacitor (c1), you could add potentiometer (r1) in series to serve as a voltage divider, as shown, correct? And this would allow you to modify the voltage supplied to c1, thereby modifying it's charge capacity, right? Or would that just change the time it takes to recharge fully?
cap1nh5.jpg

If that wouldn't work, what would allow you to adjust the capacitance of c1 (aside from replacing c1 with a different capacitor)?

My memory could be not serving me well, but I think putting the variable resistor in there will only alter the time it takes to charge/discharge. A fundamental property of a capacitor is its capacitance, and nothing can really alter that ... if I remember correctly.

My memory could be not serving me well, but I think putting the variable resistor in there will only alter the time it takes to charge/discharge. A fundamental property of a capacitor is its capacitance, and nothing can really alter that ... if I remember correctly.
Yeah, i figured that one out today. That's unfortunate. I guess I could use a potentiometer wired in series with the load... thanks guys.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back