Any Lightroom users in here ??

Adobe's Lightroom is a nice image database manager, that also has a really nice RAW image editor, that can batch process.

JPEGs have already been post processed to one extent or another in the camera and reduced to an 8-bit color depth, from the 12 or 14 bit color depth the image was originally captured in.

If you have a 10 MP camera, every time you snap a JPEG, it's kind of like tossing out 8 MP of image data, before you ever see an image, let alone do any editing. If you then crop, you wind up with less than 2 MP of image data.

If you capture JPEGs at less than Large, Fine the camera tosses even more data.

I Have a 21 mp camera though. And i also shot a picture in raw a moment ago and uploaded that and it didnt make a difference. Still has the yellow hue
The 10MP example keeps the math simple.

So your 21 MP camera toss out 15 MP before you see an image, and you wind up with a 5 MP file instead of a 2 MP file.

Saves a lot of HD space though. ;)

Okay, but I guess where I get confused is how any of this would cause LR to turn my photo yellow. I dont think shooting with 6 MP or 30 MP would make a difference on the color it pulls up. I can see quality, but not color

Adobe's Lightroom is a nice image database manager, that also has a really nice RAW image editor, that can batch process.

JPEGs have already been post processed to one extent or another in the camera and reduced to an 8-bit color depth, from the 12 or 14 bit color depth the image was originally captured in.

If you have a 10 MP camera, every time you snap a JPEG, it's kind of like tossing out 8 MP of image data, before you ever see an image, let alone do any editing. If you then crop, you wind up with less than 2 MP of image data.

If you capture JPEGs at less than Large, Fine the camera tosses even more data.

I Have a 21 mp camera though. And i also shot a picture in raw a moment ago and uploaded that and it didnt make a difference. Still has the yellow hue

Go to the Develop module in LR2, scroll down the right sidebar, and open the Camera Calibration pane. Try different settings, including Camera Faithful. Something will hopefully work. Otherwise, it may be wise to create a profile for your camera using a colour card and Adobe's DNG Profile Editor.

Thanks for the info! The only thing is..will messing with the diff settings just fix this one photo or will it change the settings in LR to pull all of my photos up accurately? I think im just going to give up on LR. I really have no need for it and i love CS2. I just thought i would try it out since I had it but it seems to be alot more work than I expected.

Ok strange. Few things.

You said you tried different colour profiles in Lightroom? Well they only make a difference when you export, not when you import.

I can only think something has stuffed up in Lightroom. Click edit -> Preferences, then select the Preset tab, and click on every button you see. Between the lot of them Lightroom should be very much at it's defaults.

Ok strange. Few things.

You said you tried different colour profiles in Lightroom? Well they only make a difference when you export, not when you import.

I can only think something has stuffed up in Lightroom. Click edit -> Preferences, then select the Preset tab, and click on every button you see. Between the lot of them Lightroom should be very much at it's defaults.

K.... did that but didnt make a difference. I think im going to have to officially give up on LR :(:(

Big Mike: Lightroom's native colour space is MelissaRGB, a linearised (gamma = 1.0) version of ProPhoto which normally has a native gamma of 1.8

*bangs his head on the desk* Just how many blasted colour spaces are there? AHHHHHHHHH!!! (At least it's just a permutation of ProPhoto and not something totally different. I honestly thought it was ProPhoto. *sigh* )

That's the wonderful thing about standards... We have so many to choose from!

It's a shame that you want to give up on the perfect piece of software for most photographers just because of some bug so quickly.

One thing is you have only shown a screenshot of the import dialogue. Is it still the same after you import it and then give it a few seconds to render the file?

It's a shame that you want to give up on the perfect piece of software for most photographers just because of some bug so quickly.

One thing is you have only shown a screenshot of the import dialogue. Is it still the same after you import it and then give it a few seconds to render the file?

yah, its the exact same color. I can do a screenshot of the actual files in LR if you want, after they are imported.
I think im going to deinstall it and try reintsalling it. Maybe that will work.

No that's fine. Just checking you weren't judging the image based on the preview.

As a matter of interest (I doubt this would change anything), does it still do it if you shoot in sRGB?

Also what's the monitor profile in Photoshop? It loads it from windows. You can check this in Edit -> Colour settings, click the little down arrow next to working spaces and tell me what "Monitor RGB - " says. It should be "Monitor RGB - [profile]".

Oh and just looking at your original post, your working profile should NEVER be monitor RGB. Monitor RGB is an internal profile used only to display images on your screen. You almost always want your working profile to be sRGB, or sometimes in very special set of circumstances which allows you to get an advantage from it, AdobeRGB. Same for when you open RAW files.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back