Any Major Differences Besides Price?

i will check those out right now... hmm d300 might be better for me.. nice high FPS... (i do a lot of skateboard stuff)

I saw both the d200 and the d300 being suggested... I dunno if I would recommend the d200 at this point or not.

• It's officially discontinued already.
  • It's CCD based not CMOS.
  • It only does 3872 x 2592. (10mp)
  • RAW is only 12bit I think.
  • IOS 1600 and 3200 is a little noisy.

To it's credit though:
  • It's sensor is 23.6 mm x 15.8 mm (2.6 MP/cm² density).
  • It has a pop-up flash.
  • It does 5 fps for 37 JPEG or 22 RAW shots.
  • It's well made.

Hmmm...

hehe.. well, it might mean that you can take a picture if you otherwise didn't bring or didn't want to bring your off-camera flash along. It helps when traveling light.

hehe.. well, it might mean that you can take a picture if you otherwise didn't bring or didn't want to bring your off-camera flash along. It helps when traveling light.

fwiw the d300 also has pop up flash...

i have to pop it up to use the wireless commander mode.... you can disable it from actually flashing ... except for the pre measuring flash...

Yup, the pop up flash is mainly used with the Nikon CLS. I have one on my D700, I do think it adds to the camera. If I ever get stuck I can use it, at least I have the option.

Just don't tell V.I. how much I paid you guys to say that! :lmao:

i was looking at reviews and i dont know how reliable kenrockwell.com is or not but he seems to like the d90 much better then the d300 which is also something im looking into. hopefully someone that has good experience with both will do a comparison.

because i'm looking at the d90 and swaying between it and the d300.. what is it that makes him a joke?

not sure of the reason - but 3 separate photography forums seem to have him listed as a joke in general -- they can't all be wrong

not sure of the reason - but 3 separate photography forums seem to have him listed as a joke in general -- they can't all be wrong

there is nothing wrong with Ken Rockwell... he presents valid arguments directed toward a specific market of photographic enthusiasts who care to go no further than taking quality family photos. His sight is updated daily, and his in depth lens comparisons showing 100% crops at various apertures can not be argued.

A lot of forumers also don't like him because he frequently trashes people who sit around on the internet and blither on technical aspects of photography without having the ability to actually take good pictures.

http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/7.htm

I read him periodically for his perspective on a certain product. I may agree with him about 50% of the time. However, I am not his target audience.

he does appear to have a small bone to pick with such people ;)
I think I just don't like his site - it looks cheapy..............

Most reactions

Back