any opinions on this setup...

puckhed33

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Also, is there other equipment ( besides the obvious backdrops) I should consider?
Thanks in advance.

I shot some film today. Just goofin around, no proper backdrop. I'll try to post some pics if they turn out. I am not sure how to set it up. It does seem to be a good setup for the price.
The guy I bought it from has a website but his ebay auctions are usually cheaper.
http://2dreammaker.com

They look like pretty low output lights. Generally, (going by the specs) I would shoot my ABs at 100iso at around 10ft, maybe a little closer, at f8 to f11. That is at 1/4 to 1/2 power. Not bragging, just trying to give you an example. But on the good side, they will probably work fine for portraits and still life work.

Something you need to check if you are going to shoot digital at some point is the white balance for those lights.

Need a light meter. This is more true with film.

Maybe some kind of reflector.

Thanks for the input guys. This is my first light setup so any advice is awesome. The pics I took yesterday seemed a bit harsh. The lights were alittle too close I think. When I get some worth putting on cd I'll post.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back