my sister

poetic_tragedy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
first time in a studio, a crappy selfmade studio at home :blushing:

ellen5jy6.jpg

ellen2im9.jpg

ellen8yy8.jpg

the first one suffers a bit in terms of light .. and there are some strange colour casts ... did you brighten this one up using software?
I like the intentional (?) defocus of no.1.

3 is really nice I think :) .. Not sure if you captured the hair OK, after all this is just a tiny jpeg ;)

maybe a slightly more contrast between her top and the background would be nice.. to at least guess some contour there ...

yes I used photoshop on all of them. I shot these with a digital compactcamera, so that I could see what I was doing (I only have a film SLR). thanks for your tips!

Actually I rather like them... Kinda shows the moods of a young woman all in one session.

By the way it isnt where you shoot or even what you shoot, it's about what you bring with you to the shoot. In your mind not the camera case..

I agree with mysteryscribe here

I personally do not shoot with SLR and DSLR because I need it to be creative or to shoot good images, I only decided for SLR since it makes me more flexible in some situations.

I saw some good pictures posted on here where a mobile phone camera was used ...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back