Any Rumblings from Canon?

hehe, not too many Pierres on here, we gots to stick together lol. Although its a pretty common name where I'm at :)

but this after 2 months of waiting and reading and debating between 50D, 7D, 5D, 5DII.

I hear ya...I am the only Pierre for a long ways around here... A lot of people ask me if I am French Canadian :mrgreen:

I have been pondering for about the same amount of time, and decided today to wait it out and work on my skill level instead.

I'm still not sure if canon will release a 60D now that the 7D is out there. The way I see it is its too soon after the 7D to release a similar priced and marketed camera body in the 1.6crop format. If hte 60D is less than the 7D it just won't get the sales and if its better I feel its just a little too soon for hte market - few will be ready to upgrade from the 7D as its so new.

I also don't like the idea of a split 1.6 crop market at the midpoint - ok if its as simple as one being better than the other in all respects, but a nightmare for users if canon start splitting features. Such as make one 1.6Crop aimed at weddings/studio and the other at sports/outdoors. Sure it means one can optimise for a certain situation, but the power of the DSLR body has always been in being adaptable to almost any situation based on the support gear and lenses the photographer uses.

Just because Canon said the 7d was not a replacement for the 50d doesn't mean that they're going to continue the xxD line. What would the 60d be aimed at? There is a crop frame body at ~$800 and one at ~$1,500... Don't know why you'd need one between. The T2i does a lot of things. The 7d does all those things, but better. What else is there?

Most reactions

Back