Anyone got a Canon EOS 300 who can explain some of the functions to me?

SteveEllis

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi Guys,

I've been playing with the function buttons on my camera but I dont know what some of them do.

They are the 4 symbols on the right hand side of the LCD screen, they are :

1 - An Eye - I'm Assuming this is Red Eye on & off
2 - A dot with curves eminating from it
3 - 2 overlapped squares
4 - 3 overlapped squares

The reason I've been looking is I'd like to be able to do some high speed photography where the camera takes multiple shots, like the sport mode, but I feel that the sports mode option is far too slow as its around 1 to 1.5 shots per second.

Cheers guys,
Steve.

Hi,

Its the 300 film slr, not digital. I've have a play with it but not taken any photos, the 2 frame option when selected gives me the option of selecting 1 to 9. The 3 frame option seems to give me the exposure control, I was wondering if this is the option that takes 3 shots, 1 normal and one photo either side of the exposure (One under exposed and one over exposed), is that called bracketing?

I will probably just take some shots to see what happens.

Cheers,
Steve.

The 2 frame option seems to be multiple exposure mode...you can choose to shoot as many as 9 exposures on one frame of film.

The 3 frame icon sounds like the continuous shot mode. Typically, you would select this from three modes...Single Shot, Continuous & Self Timer.

I'm guessing you don't have a manual. Have you tried to find it somewhere on-line?

I did have a manual, I um kinda misplaced it!

I did search the net but I got fed up of finding digital stuff. I'll search again soon.

Cheers for your help guys :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back