Aperlite

tecboy

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
San Jose, Cali, The Heart of Silicon Valley
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just received a free trial. Can wait to shoot it tomorrow and see how it holds up. Was the previous thread got deleted?

_MG_2247.jpg

Now that's what I call a succinct review; could you maybe expand on that a little and explain just how it sucks?

You can tell from the photograph. Heavy vignette at wide angle shot. That is not normal compared to Yongnuo and Canon speedlites. It could be defective.

You can tell from the photograph. Heavy vignette at wide angle shot. That is not normal compared to Yongnuo and Canon speedlites. It could be defective.
Not really because I have no idea of your set-up, conditions, etc. Why not do a comparison against the YN or Canon model?

Hmmm....let's see. Shot these at 15mm focal length. Flash zoom at 24mm.

Aperlite YH-700C
_MG_2294.jpg

Yongnuo YN565EX
_MG_2295.jpg

Canon 430 EXII
_MG_2297.jpg

Definitely, I will not use Aperlite tomorrow.

I received my 'free trial' yesterday. I have pretty much the same setup (Canon, Yongnuo, and now Aperlite), and while I haven't been able to test the flash fully, I have NOT gotten the same results that you did. I saw your post, took a quick picture with it, and I am not experiencing that. If I were you, I'd suggest trying to find him and asking for a replacement? I'll get around to testing it sometime in the next few weeks.

I've talked to him and he said,

"Seems that the length of 15mm is too short. the performance of the flash cannot cover that distance.
it is suggested that you use a minimum focal length of 24mm.
Thanks
Best Regards"

"Seems that the length of 15mm is too short. the performance of the flash cannot cover that distance.
Thanks
Best Regards"
Hmm. :icon_scratch: Ok, if I have time tonight, I want to try the same thing, under the same circumstances. Shortest I have is 18 mm, so I'll have a go with that.

Thanks
Best Regards"
Hmm. :icon_scratch: Ok, if I have time tonight, I want to try the same thing, under the same circumstances. Shortest I have is 18 mm, so I'll have a go with that.

Hey, do you want to trade Aperlites?

Thanks
Best Regards"

Mmm.. No.

But, why don't you try using the wide angle diffuser to see if that helps?

Thanks
Best Regards"

Mmm.. No.

But, why don't you try using the wide angle diffuser to see if that helps?
Just kidding, bro.:welcoming::tongue-new::tongue-44::p

I'm not surprised that it will not cover 15mm...a number of flash units will not cover quite that wide without "some kind" of either wide-angle panel that flips down, or something that fits over the front of the flash unit; a wide-angle "panel" or "cap" or "wide-angle diffuser" (all three names are common).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back