Apple and Adobe Slammed for ‘Sexist’ Photoshop Fix Demo That Made a Woman Smile

I don't get it. Why is there some kind of uproar over this? Who are these people who are complaining? They're selling software, folks! Either you find it useful or you don't, but sexist? I don't understand.

There are reports of women being harassed by oogling men by demanding them to "smile" all the time. Some women claim it happens regularly enough to be bothersome. This is sexist because these women feel pressured to always have a sunny disposition.

I think this is something that is culturally bound to urban United States, and is a more recent trend.

Last edited:
In the demo he does at least refer to the 'model' and it looks like an ad. So that might be a legit reason for this, but still... don't know what they were thinking. I mean, even on here guys often post critique to a photo of a female model in a swimsuit and critique her, not the photo.

.. and critique her, not the photo.
I've seen that many times, but the OP was a link to an ad for software, not critiquing the model.

For all we know it could have been a negative on the part of the photographer.

Okay, here's a question for you guys: How many of you have been approached by a random stranger and told that you would look so much nicer if you just smiled? If so, how many times has it happened? Once? Twice? 1,258?
Not by a random stranger very much but I do get a lot of "don't look so grim" and "you smile so rarely" as if I am obligated to be constantly happy around people. I live in a country where people make very little contact to strangers, and if there is someone saying things like you said, it's going to be an intoxicated old man or an equally shitfaced woman. I just don't understand what's up with you americans :D

I thought Steve Jobbs refused to allow adobe to be associated with Apple products because they were incompetent but I suppose Jobbs is a corpse and cash is king. Here is something else interesting Apple owes Ireland 19 billion dollars.

First of all, Apple and Adobe have always had a good relationship, except in one area: Flash - a technology which Adobe is even phasing out because, well, it sucks - and any competent web designer after 1998 knows why - it's resource heavy, proprietary, insecure and annoying to work with. Literally though, Flash is the only product which Apple has had a problem with Adobe, and if Flash were Adobe's only product, then yes, I'd agree - they'd be incompetent. However, the facts are that Apple has embraced all other Adobe technologies, such as Postscript and PDF.

Not sure why Windows fanboys feel the need to warp this issue into something it isn't. Apple has decided not to invest in a dying technology on iOS. That's all.

By the way, Apple owes $8B in back taxes. not $19B. Being that I'm not Irish, I don't particularly care.

I thought Steve Jobbs refused to allow adobe to be associated with Apple products because they were incompetent but I suppose Jobbs is a corpse and cash is king. Here is something else interesting Apple owes Ireland 19 billion dollars.

First of all, Apple and Adobe have always had a good relationship, except in one area: Flash - a technology which Adobe is even phasing out because, well, it sucks - and any competent web designer after 1998 knows why - it's resource heavy, proprietary, insecure and annoying to work with. Literally though, Flash is the only product which Apple has had a problem with Adobe, and if Flash were Adobe's only product, then yes, I'd agree - they'd be incompetent. However, the facts are that Apple has embraced all other Adobe technologies, such as Postscript and PDF.

Not sure why Windows fanboys feel the need to warp this issue into something it isn't. Apple has decided not to invest in a dying technology on iOS. That's all.

By the way, Apple owes $8B in back taxes. not $19B. Being that I'm not Irish, I don't particularly care.

The Figure of 19 has been thrown around here but Apple are said to have accounted for this in there books any way and which ever figure is correct Apple could pull that kind of money from down the back of the sofa. The whole thing is being hushed up by the state over here to the extent that the Government is fighting against the EU in court over the matter. Irelands official position is that Apple don't owe us any money.

Most reactions

Back