Apple announces Macbook .... thoughts?

let me ask you this what product of apples have you ever heard of NOT selling well? trust me it will sell and it will sell big. the lack of optical drive, meh so what so much is available online or use the remote drive feature. not to mention at that thin why wouldnt you bring it everywhere? I would LOVE that computer (at about a 400$ price tag) to cary around to class with me.

infact that is another audience this may target, a soon to be college student who already has a desktop and wants a notebook, ya its pricey but it'll drop soon i'm sure and if not its sure worth the price tag for the look.

I applaud you apple well done again.

Anyone remember the Apple Lisa, sold about 7 copies. So bad, Jobs offered a refund last year. (about 20 years late. :blushing:)

well, i just think they're asking WAY too much for a computer that has LESS features than what they're currently offering. its smaller, okay, my laptop fits in my backpack... why would i NEED smaller? smaller hard drive space for the same price, the battery is sealed inside like an ipod . The reason i see the lack of an optical drive being a problem, is that sometimes its just nice to have a disc version of programs. also, if this thing is so great and portable and stuff, why cant you even watch a dvd on an airplane? dont plan on downloading a lot of videos from itunes though becasue that 80 gig hard drive will start feeling pretty small. I start feeling like apple has brainwashed people to believe that whatever they sell, is whats cool or something. If a PC were to come out with these specs at that price, i'm guessing it wouldnt sell. I want to know whats so great about a computer that has LESS, in the way of features than pretty much everything else on the market and you all consider it the greatest thing ever? This thing has the same specs basically as a 400 dollar laptop

well, i just think they're asking WAY too much for a computer that has LESS features than what they're currently offering. its smaller, okay, my laptop fits in my backpack... why would i NEED smaller? smaller hard drive space for the same price, the battery is sealed inside like an ipod . The reason i see the lack of an optical drive being a problem, is that sometimes its just nice to have a disc version of programs. also, if this thing is so great and portable and stuff, why cant you even watch a dvd on an airplane? dont plan on downloading a lot of videos from itunes though becasue that 80 gig hard drive will start feeling pretty small. I start feeling like apple has brainwashed people to believe that whatever they sell, is whats cool or something. If a PC were to come out with these specs at that price, i'm guessing it wouldnt sell. I want to know whats so great about a computer that has LESS, in the way of features than pretty much everything else on the market and you all consider it the greatest thing ever? This thing has the same specs basically as a 400 dollar laptop

Then don't buy one.

It WILL sell, no doubt. I would like to see one, and have been thinking more and more about moving to Mac, but the cost is a bit much, for now.

Once one is out, copycats are soon to follow.

All just a sign of the future.

i wasnt owned! my a700 was actaully worth what i paid and isnt missing a lot of features considered standard on most cameras.

I know i'm not the target market, but i dont see why someone wouldnt just buy a macbook. Its pretty much got all the features of the air , except that its a little bigger. If you cant fit a macbook in with your stuff, you need to re-prioritize. I just like getting what i paid for.... and 3000 dollars for a laptop with 64 gigs of storage, a sealed battery compartment and no optical drive doesnt sound like my idea of fun.....

dolphown3d.jpg

I agree that apple has gone back to the idea of a laptop is made for travel and on the go and not as a desktop replacement. This laptop sure isnt a power machine but it gets everythign done.

With all the wireless crap comming out now the space is no where near an issue...on those 80 gigs you get your essentials and then all your music and videos are stored on a wireless hardrive or server. Just like the optical drive you can borrow one off another computer or even use a memory stick to copy a cd to install software.

I believe this is a brand new era for laptops and even though its expensive its a decent push from apple for more portable wirelss laptops

there are those who buy macs... and then there are those who think for themselves. i seem to be the latter...

i am taking the high road and withdrawing from this topic now. i'll spend my money elsewhere

i love apple stuff, but im not really interested in this. its cool but i don't see a need for it. i am happy with my macbook pro and would take function over size/looks. besides the macbook and macbook pro aren't really even that big anyways. the solid state hard drive is cool though. small size isn't huge on my priority list when buying a laptop though.

* I think it is a wonderful product that will sell....
* For me... the screen quality, battery life, and solid state harddrive is what attracts me (assuming these are all improved on).
* The thin profile is not all that important BUT it does set the laptop apart from its competitors.
* I probably won't buy it because my G4 is working just fine... like a champ.
* I think its dumb to bring up past products that did not do well. That argument will go with any company... including Microsoft. i think the latest no-big-sale for Apple is the Apple TV thingy.

there are those who buy macs... and then there are those who think for themselves. i seem to be the latter...

i am taking the high road and withdrawing from this topic now. i'll spend my money elsewhere

Blah, blah , blah, your like the boy at school who picks on a girl cause he secretly likes her. I think you really want a mac. Last Mac vs PC thread it seemed you posted every other time. It's like you have a powerful need to to bi*ch about Macs. Don't worry, just send me a PM and we can sit down and figure which MAc fits your needs. It's ok you can stop living in shame! :wink:

Most reactions

Back