are these any good? opinions welcome!! and neeed!!!

steff

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hey, i took these a while ago for my media project at college and one of my freinds, whos quite into photography, said they were quite good, and said i should put them on a site or something. i havent the faintest clue about photography, apart from your basics, like how not to cut someones head off! (although i wouldnt be surprised if i look at these now and theyre all headless!) i cant get them on most sites cause theyre so big. i dont know why, but if you could all just take a look and tell me what you think!!!! thank you!! steff xxx

p.s. if you have any favorites dont hesitate in telling me, and the same goes if you hate them!!!!:lol:

uuuh im so stupid. sorry for the double post and the blondness!!!! www.piczo.com/steff-little-star

p.s. sorry if youre not allowed web links on here. i should really read the rules again!!!

Welcome to the forum.

Links are fine...but you will get more people looking at your photos if you display them right in the forum. Click HERE to find out how.

right im going to try now. im scared!

i96740855_64817_7.jpg

wow! it came up!!!!!
sorry for completely porting all the time. ill stop now. i was just impressed how i did something technical!!!! sorry

You are getting the hang of it :thumbup:

Nice shot, I like the nice soft side lighting. Is that window lighting?

window? i dont know. door lighting is what id call it. i took it in the entrance of a dilapidated barn!!!

I also like the pic...but there were a few other pics in the link that you gave where the girl stood in front of a wall, didn't like those that much, sorry.

thats ok, i wouldnt mind if you said you thaught they were repulsive!!. the more honest opinions the better :D
cheers for having a look
steffxx

I agree, the head shots were pretty damn good but I didn't much like the one against the wall.

Just a suggestion though. Did you use a rather high ISO on these pictures? I seem to be able to see quite a bit of grain coming through. This could of course be a result of how hard you compressed it for web viewing. If you can, I really think it would be worth your time to take the same photograph again with a tripod and a lower ISO, if you can get your subject to stand still long enough.

All the "natural door light" photos are really good. I really like that light. It goes so well with her hair.

And the background of that one "wall pic" ... is all burnt wood. What a cool texture it has! THAT is a rare backdrop for a portrait shoot. The light is not so nice in that one, but the backdrop is ... quite special!

Can you go back to that place for more photos?
Looks like a cool place for portrait photography!

i agree with you guys about the wall shots, the face ones are my favorites too, the burnt wall is in my back yard, thank god for yobs, eh?!:lol: i think it might be grainy cos the camera wasnt that great, or possibly because it had to make em bigger. i used a kodak easy share from college... i dont know if theyre any good. i liked it when i turned it on though, it sang and lit up!! thanks for all the feedback, i love it! and thanks LaFoto, for reccomending this site to me from Torey's, remember?

p.s., whats ISO? like i said, i know this much --> [..] about photography!!
steff xx:hug::

ISO stands for "International Standardasation Organisation" and standardises film speeds. Low ISO film needs a lot more light (and in low light therefore a lot longer exposure times) than High ISO films.

This standard has been transferred to digital photography and you can usually decide whether you want your camera to take photos at a low ISO or a high ISO.

I assume you left that Kodak EasyShare on Automatic ... so the camera decided on its own that the light situation was low, hence a higher ISO was being asked for.

Higher ISO FILMS are grainier than low ISO films, and higher ISO photography in the digital world brings about more "grain", too, which is here called "noise", though (i.e. in the world of digital photography). OK? ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back