Arista.EDU BW film

ksmattfish

Now 100% DC - not as cool as I once was, but still
Reaction score
Website
www.henrypeach.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I couldn't find the post, but there was someone asking about Arista.EDU film, which is dirt cheap on www.freestylesalesco.com

I was looking up info on it, and most of the evidence appears to suggest that it is repackaged Forte film. I haven't been able to find much info on Forte film, but some folks really like it, so I ordered 20 rolls of the ISO 200 to try out. I'll be sure and let you know 'cause this stuff is CHEAP!! $1.29 for 120 size if you buy at least 20 rolls.

So the unofficial verdict is Arista Pro = Ilford product,and Arista.EDU = Forte product.

Anyone out there have experience with Forte films?

I haven't had any experience with it myself, but i was asking about the EDU film in another post. I am really curious to see how it works for you. And to know if there is another film that it closely resembles in characteristics. I would love a cheaper alternative to T-max 100, I am trying 4x5 Arista film right now but haven't developed any as of yet.

Matt - is that an old style film with high silver content? I read that somewhere I don’t know what that means

Havoc - Efke and Maco are other Eastern Europe film manufacturer you may what to look in too. I have used the 35mm Efke 25 had nice results, 127 Efke chrome mixed, 127 Maco 100 mixed,

Efke is available at http://www.jandcphotography.com/ , Maco at Freestyle and B&H

Jeff Canes said:
Matt - is that an old style film with high silver content? I read that somewhere I don’t know what that means

I have heard mixed info on whether Forte is a high silver content film; I'm still not 100% positive that Arista.EDU is Forte. Many say yes. It means that there is more silver in the emulsion; as film tech has grown they've figured out how to get good results using less silver, which of course increases profit.

If supposedly has a different look, classic look. I'm not sure I know what that is either, but I'm going to try and find out. I'm mostly trying it out for the cheapo cost. B&H was out of stock on the cheap Kodak grey market stuff, and I'm p*ssed at Adorama.

Havoc said:
I would love a cheaper alternative to T-max 100, I am trying 4x5 Arista film right now but haven't developed any as of yet.

I love Tmax 100. It is my favorite film, and I used it in 4x5 for years before I decided to try something cheaper. I've been using the Arista 125 for two years now, and it's awesome. I can't find grain in the grain magnifier at 16x20. I like the Arista almost as much and it's way cheaper.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back