...Asking a client on a date?

Go for it, but don't push to much or she might fear working with you otherwise, accept it if it's a negative outcome, and mention to her that you love working with her and that you don't want things to get weird at all.
Hmmm. Telling a client you don't want things to get weird is a sure fire way to make them feel weird and uncomfortable.

Go for it, but don't push to much or she might fear working with you otherwise, accept it if it's a negative outcome, and mention to her that you love working with her and that you don't want things to get weird at all.
Hmmm. Telling a client you don't want things to get weird is a sure fire way to make them feel weird and uncomfortable.

no, its called honesty.
if hes honest with her, it wont affect their working relations if they are both adults about it.

besides...the OP didnt say he was going to propose to her, or profess his undying love.
he just said he wanted to ask her out.
jeez people. since when did a simple date to get to know someone better become a huge deal?

no, its called honesty.
if hes honest with her, it wont affect their working relations if they are both adults about it.

besides...the OP didnt say he was going to propose to her, or profess his undying love.
he just said he wanted to ask her out.
jeez people. since when did a simple date to get to know someone better become a huge deal?

Ok, so sounds like it's time we sat down and had that little talk I've been putting off for so long. See, dating leads to.. umm... well, babies.

Lol

I would wait until you are done with the photographer-model interaction.
Then it's easy and natural to confess that you will miss seeing her and would like to continue on a different basis.

If you ask her out while there is still some quasi-professional relationship, then she is really not totally free to say yes or no.

I think Lew hit the nail on the head...

You're probably going to do this whether or not people on a message board say to or not! lol but If she isn't interested that will probably be the end of the photo shooting. It can make for an awkward situation if you're on the receiving end and not interested so if she's not, she'll probably be looking for another photographer. So you decide if it's worth it and think about the timing.

I don't think so, if I was the model in this situation, I would like to know that it has no impact on our possible work together and that i'm not coerce into anything because I do not want to loose this ''biz'' relationship. In my personnal experience, some guys can turn pretty crazy after being rejected.

Recently one of my very best friend loose her storage place because she refuses to go for a drink with her contact. It was never implied that he was attracted to her, when she mentionned she couldn't have a drink at the bar because she was home with her boyfriend, he completely flip, next day, her contract for the warehouse was non valid.

I don't think so, if I was the model in this situation, I would like to know that it has no impact on our possible work together and that i'm not coerce into anything because I do not want to loose this ''biz'' relationship. In my personnal experience, some guys can turn pretty crazy after being rejected.

Recently one of my very best friend loose her storage place because she refuses to go for a drink with her contact. It was never implied that he was attracted to her, when she mentionned she couldn't have a drink at the bar because she was home with her boyfriend, he completely flip, next day, her contract for the warehouse was non valid.

Haha I'm definitely not that kind of crazy.. though I've seen some of my friends do it. I never really understood going nuts because someone isn't interested.. there's like 319 million people in America. I'm not really worried about limited options haha

I know, as can women... ever see Basic Instinct? :)

Once. I thought it was kind of stupid actually. I just kept thinking, wow.. if only my ex-wife were anywhere near that stable and well adjusted. Just couldn't figure out why the guy was freaking out so much...

Are you using a movie for this comparison?

There are countless real-life situations where women are verbally or physically harassed, sometimes even raped, when they refuse a man's advances. While it may happen to some men (at a disproportionate rate), there is definitely no comparison to what women have to go through. This is not something that men should trivialize.

There are countless real-life situations where women are verbally or physically harassed, sometimes even raped, when they refuse a man's advances. While it may happen to some men (at a disproportionate rate), there is definitely no comparison to what women have to go through. This is not something that men should trivialize.

Not sure but I think the OP had more of a standard dinner and a movie kind of thing in mind.

why is it that people always assume the worst?
I mean, it looks to me like Destin is just talking about asking the girl out for coffee or lunch or something,
not a trip to a secluded cabin 50 miles from the nearest road.
plus, hes already stated that this isn't much of a "professional" working relationship as most of his work is free...
so realistically, he has some people he has been doing some photographic TFP's for, not running a business.

hes not looking to date an employee, or even a coworker.
I mean...damn.
I remember a time where a boy asking a girl out to dinner was considered a compliment, and if the girl declined, both
people went about their regularly scheduled business like nothing was out of sorts....
you know...BECAUSE ASKING SOMEONE OUT ON A DATE DOESN'T AUTOMATICALLY PUT THINGS OUT OF SORTS!

Destin...
man, if you like this girl...ask her out.
your not involved in any significant business ventures or partnerships, you've just taken her picture a few times.
ask her out, and manage the results like a responsible adult.
until proven otherwise, I think you should just assume that she is a reasonable adult, and hopefully she feels the same.

go get 'em tiger!

Not sure but I think the OP had more of a standard dinner and a movie kind of thing in mind.
I don't know the OP personally, so I won't speculate to what he's thinking, or how he'll react.

I think if it is something you want to do, you will find a set of reasons to do it and then do it. If you think it's something you should not do, you will find the reasons you should not do it and then not do it and either way you will feel satisfied that your decision was correct because whatever you decide will be the correct choice for you.
I am not sure why you asked the question in a cyberforum.

Most reactions

Back