Asking for a favor!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
lolz.

I put up my picture too. I want to test my theory that a bad picture can get a lot of votes. So go vote for mine too. Titled "Candid in Red". Click Vote at the top and search for my picture (not my photograph...as I did not upload a photograph).

Contest // Behind the Shutter

Wrong with what and mishele you probably can't even take pictures!!!!!

Well, that's one way of "winning" friends and influencing people. :blackeye: If you've taken the time to browse this forum you'd learn that the people who responded to your request actually know a thing or two about photography and artistry.

And if you want to get people to support you, it is probably a good idea to establish some rapport with the group you're asking for support. Your approach isn't it. So good luck with your efforts.

ptkc1797 said:
I entered my picture in a contest and i didn't know if you guy could help me get more votes is. Anything you can do will be great thanks
heres the link just click on contest then vote my picture is called golden gates
Thanks Cameron Thanks in advance for the votes the website is
Contest // Behind the Shutter

Um um um um HOW BOUT NOOOOOOO

I doubt if they will be back, but I have notified ShutterMag including the post by Cameron. If its not against the rules, no fowl. But if it is they just screwed themselves. Unfortunately the method they are getting their votes has them in first place. The prize is $4000. Pity if they win. It wouldnt be so bad if they really felt they had the best pic and just asked people to enter the site and vote for their best pic. But to ask people to enter and vote for them is just wrong.

Wow. Just. Wow.

I assure you that mishele could take a better "picture" than you with her eyes closed! In fact, I'm pretty sure that's how she TAKES those flower pics... :lol: (kidding, mish!)

I would say that insulting a highly-esteemed member of the forum, after coming here to basically beg for votes, isn't really a good way to get ANY of us to go vote for your picture. But the truth is, none of us are likely to be interested in voting for your photo anyway. It's really not what this forum is about.

You want to win a popularity contest for photos? Go to Facebook and beg for votes!

I have a rule about this... I absolutely never vote for someone because they asked me to vote for them. If I did vote for someone because they asked for a vote then the contest turns into "who can find the most friends" and NOT "who took the best photograph". If I wander over to your website and you truly did take the best image, you'll get my vote. But if I wonder over and someone else took what I consider to be the best image, then that'll just be one more vote against you.

Knowing that, are you so confident that you're image is the best that you still want me to go check out those images?

As it is a photography contest, the winner should rightfully be the person who produced the best photograph -- which probably will be the person who has worked the hardest, learned the skills, and invested the most effort to capture the image.

I doubt if they will be back, but I have notified ShutterMag including the post by Cameron. If its not against the rules, no fowl. But if it is they just screwed themselves. Unfortunately the method they are getting their votes has them in first place. The prize is $4000. Pity if they win. It wouldnt be so bad if they really felt they had the best pic and just asked people to enter the site and vote for their best pic. But to ask people to enter and vote for them is just wrong.

That's why many of those contests are crap, because people solicit votes, especially on facebook. The leader has 240 votes. Easily obtained if you have a chit ton of friends on your facebook.

7539322112_17e8b0b9f5_o.jpg

I have a rule about this... I absolutely never vote for someone because they asked me to vote for them. If I did vote for someone because they asked for a vote then the contest turns into "who can find the most friends" and NOT "who took the best photograph". If I wander over to your website and you truly did take the best image, you'll get my vote. But if I wonder over and someone else took what I consider to be the best image, then that'll just be one more vote against you.

Knowing that, are you so confident that you're image is the best that you still want me to go check out those images?

As it is a photography contest, the winner should rightfully be the person who produced the best photograph -- which probably will be the person who has worked the hardest, learned the skills, and invested the most effort to capture the image.

Agreed.

I went to the web site, but to keep things honest I voted for the one I liked best. Sorry, it wasn't yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back