At school today,

lazarus219

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi,
Today when i was in history at school, we were talking about inventions that would have been impressive to someone in the 1920s, somebody yelled out 'cameras' so the teacher told them how long that had been around for- started paying some more attention and then digital cameras came up, After a little bit longer the teacher said something like, film is dead there isnt a market for it all anymore because nobody is interested in it. This is when i came into the discussion and ended up having an argument with the teacher about whether film was dead, im not a film fan but the teacher had described it like there wasnt ONE person who uses film cameras anymore, It was just interesting to hear someone who dosent really know too much on the topic say that,

Anyway just thought id post that,

yeah... film is OBVIOUSLY dead judging that NO ONE on here uses it anymore :lmao:

some people just speak without actually knowing what they're talking about and they end up looking stupid...

What's scary is that this is a teacher. Hopefully there isn't anything more important that they are misleading their students with.

Yeah Im with Mike, what a wonderful way to fuel the future generation of the world with misinformation :shock:

It makes for a funny story, way to stick up for yourself, and all us film geeks :LOL: I have a feeling I was just like you in high school.

It's funny. You'll meet a lot of stupid people throughout your life. Most will be doctors and teachers. :shock:

That's not a dig at teacher or doctors. But there are too many who only know what the books tell them to teach the children. Ask them about anything not in those books and they don't have a clue.

Well it was interesting- at school camp, out of 124 people i was the only one with a digital camera, except for people with camera phones, but they dont count. Everybody else had their own decent (not disposable) film cameras. And the teacher i was talking about before was on this camp and must have noticed the amount of film cameras when she was getting her photo taken by people.......

Most reactions

New Topics

Back