santino

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.artofart.com
Hi!

This is a general warning to those who own such a coffeemaker:

00224059.jpg

about a week ago I brew myself some coffee and booooom, I found myself holding only the black plastic handle in my hand, the rest of the coffeemaker droped to the ground and coffee spited out like mad. I burned my foot and belly, skin went off, it hurted a lot and I couldn't get any sleep. The coffeemaker itself was just a year old and I payed 50 bucks. The handle is just glued to the coffeemaker and when it gets hot (and man, it really gets hot) the handle becomes loose and it can happen that you might become scarface.
I thank god I didn't get any coffee in my face :hail:

oh dear!

those things should be reported to the company and to national authorities.

I did that when the power supply of one of my external harddrives did cause serious trouble. Now, some months later they sell the drives with new power supplies all over Germany, and even advertise with the improved technology.
I guess your coffemaker will be banned from the Austrian market if you tell the right people.

I don't want to go to court and don't have any lawyer so I don't know if that would help. Off course I'm going to mail the company and show the coffemaker to the store, thats for sure a dangerous thingy. I don't get the construction of that coffemaker handle, it's just so stupid, the handle just HAS to slip off. It's hard to explain but the coffemaker doesn't "lay" on the handle, it's the other way around. The handle touches the coffemaker from above, it's just fixed to the "body" with a bit of glue. I didn't really expect that from such a famous company.

you don't need a lawyer or go to court to set something in motion there... just you need to tell the right organisation.

But you could probably try to sue the company if it is such an obvious fault of the construction

Sorry to hear you got hurt in this incident.

Santino, you must report that incident so others don't have to go through that. A few years back I bought a foot spa for my wife and when she tried it she got electrocuted, not seriously but enough to scare the wits out of both of us. I demanded a replacement, which came like 6 weeks later. Same result, a light electrocution on my wife's part. This time I addressed the right institution which deals with safety here in the US and alerted them to the potentially lethal merchandise I purchased. Sure enough, a week later the company that made the darn spa gave me a refund and apologies. They did redesign that piece of cr@p and are selling it under a differetnt name now. I guess it's all fixed, I am not going to try it again.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back