ATTN: seeking help. line of pixels in my photos -_-!

Discussion in 'Digital Discussion & Q&A' started by jope88, Dec 10, 2008.

1. jope88

jope88 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    ATTN: seeking help. line of pixels in my photos -_-!

I can't remember what may have caused this, but I've never really been bothered by it up until now (becoming much more of a hassle to remove as I shoot more and more). There's a line of dead blue pixels in my photographs. I'm pretty positive that it can either be the result of two things... 1) a piece of something or other on my sensor, or 2) a problem with the pixel sites on the sensor. I'm posting a link to my scraps where you can find four photos with different ISOs

http://jope88.deviantart.com/gallery/#_browse/scraps

I'd like to know what you think it could be and the steps I can take (if there are any) to fix it. thank you guys.

p.s. the photos are categorized by ISO because variations in shutterspeed and aperture do not change anything; I also tried zooming and the line still showed up.

p.p.s. while you're here :p! if it is a permanent problem... how can I go about making it easier to remove the line in PP?

2. Flash Harry

Flash Harry TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    images are too small for me to tell, do a 100% crop including the area pls. H

3. Chris of Arabia

Chris of Arabia Herding cats since 1988... Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Having looked at all the images at their largest size, I'd say you definitely have a line of faulty pixels on your sensor. If you're still in warranty, then you may be able to get a repair or replacement for the camera. Faulty pixels are almost always more obvious when shooting at higher ISO's and on longer exposures. The last image of the water and bridge I'm assuming was taken with a several second exposure - in this one, not only is the line present, but also a random sprinkling of other 'hot' pixels too. The only real way to correct the images you do take is to clone out the problems, but I'd see if you can get that sensor sorted first.