auto vs manual focus?

Sirashley

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Okay I have a question, I'll keep it short. Do you get better performance from shooting in manual focus? I ask this because it always seems like I get a more accurate depth of field by shooting in manual focus. I have tried adjusting the auto focus points, but it still is better manually. I was just curious if this is a general rule of thumb, or am I not setting the auto focus points correctly? It's easy to say "just shoot manual focus" but I'm not that fast with action shots. What do you guys do?

Both situations have their advantages and disadvantages. Depending on the lens/camera combo, there might be no reason (unless you are shooting macro) to use manual focus. As for which results produce the best. . ."results", I've gotten great prints from both.

I use manual focus for macro...but pretty much everything else is autofocus...I tend to miss the focus point when I try manual focus with the small view finder in my dSLR.

I find it very hard to shoot with manual focus I dont know why that is. It could be my vision I guess although i am not really sure

I find it very hard to shoot with manual focus I dont know why that is. It could be my vision I guess although i am not really sure

The very small viewfinder on most DSLRs (compared to a 35mm SLR) doesn't help. I find it much easier to manual focus a film camera.

I use auto focus probably 80-85% of the time. Pretty much the only times I use manual are with macro, and when autofocus just doesn't work.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back