Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
wsgphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit

_POR3819-Edit
by Bill Grayson, on Flickr

When I edit I don't have a real plan outlined in advance. I see the original frame and start correcting imperfections. With failing tired eyes colors give me such a difficult time. This is an outtake I decided to try being creative.

Your thoughts?

Lovely. Have you tried Nik Collection Viveza yet? I would think it would be ideal for portraits.

It looks a little over done for me, but it is still very nice! :)

Great composition and lighting as usual.
The skin color is really inconsistent though. Forgive me for being cheeky, but it kind of looks like a geisha did her makeup, but only on her butt and the back of her legs. I think it would look much better if those areas that look white were much warmer to match the rest of her skin tone. I would also adjust the white balance a bit so that the skin is less green and more red. If she has a skin condition though, disregard that critique completely!

Aside from that, maybe consider cleaning up the beach a little bit in post.

Last edited:
Very good concept. I agree that it's a bit overdone, CGesque. I would like to see the colors a bit darker.

Indeed. My attempt to bring the sky down from near blown caused severe color issue with her skin which I attempted to correct as best as possible. I'm self-taught and I had a lousy teacher. I need to learn selective color correction.

Very moving...

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Indeed. My attempt to bring the sky down from near blown caused severe color issue with her skin which I attempted to correct as best as possible. I'm self-taught and I had a lousy teacher. I need to learn selective color correction.
If you can find a tutorial to use adjustment layers with layer masks, thats one way to do selective color adjustments. I don't know any tutorials though, and is a bit much to explain (at this moment).

I use layers and masks but selective color isn't something I've tried and developed a technique

I use layers and masks but selective color isn't something I've tried and developed a technique
I find that a Color Balance adjustment layer with an inverted mask is a good technique. Make an exaggerated tone correction with the adjustment layer, and then invert the layer mask, and then use a 10% opaque and feathered white paintbrush and paint on the layer mask over the areas you want to correct. The exaggerated adjustment will start peaking through where you paint on the mask.

Nice pose, I agree about cleaning up the beach a little, especially the red item. But really the work on her skin as really gone wrong. On my colour balanced monitor she looks green. This can happen sometimes when switching colour profiles. Try to revert back to the one you shot with. The work on her skin, particularly the legs is not too pleasant & why is her bottom red?

Anyhow, you have a great starting point, I'd go back to the RAW & work on it again. Maybe you could post an unedited JPG to show the original colours?

Last edited:
Those kind of tail-lights can make for distracted driving.
As for the blueish-greenish tone... It was frikking cold in that water.

Most reactions

Back