Backgrounds

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by jor133d, Sep 15, 2007.

1. jor133d

jor133d TPF Noob!

I was wondering where the best place to buy nice muslin backgrounds at a low cost is?

Thanks

2. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I've been looking around and there doesn't seem to be one good place...but there are deals to be had if you look around.

Amvona.com sells backdrops and they do have sales rather often...but, they also sell their stuff on E-bay, and if you are a smart E-bayer, you can get a much better price than what they charge on their site.

There are plenty of others who also sell on E-bay and sites of their own. Make sure that you calculate in the shipping costs when you compare them...because some of the charge a lot for shipping.

3. kundalini

kundalini Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    There have been some great links through these threads about making your own background. Thought I saved them, but alas, they are not to be found tonight. You can either buy pre-made or you can create your own.

I just got a message this week that JoAnn's has muslin back in stock. If you've ever done tye-dye, you can make your own. All you need is some Ritz dye and a large container (18gal) If you haven't, give it a go with T-shirts or something first. It's fun. Look at the pre-made stuff to give you an idea of what might be appropiate for photography backgrounds.

4. jstuedle

jstuedle No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I have a few that were bought from another photographer that got tired of them. That was the best deal I could find. Other than the occasional deal on ePay, I've found nothing cheaper.