Barn

Christie Photo

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.christiephoto.com
I didn't know where to put this. I wish we had a "commercial" gallery. I just wanted to share... let you guys know I'm working.

Pete

barn.jpg

You took this one "for work", i.e. because "you had to" ?!
Well, if taking photos of something this nice (on a beautiful day as was when you took it) is what comprises your being a pro, then I would like the job, too. (I only guess it is not ALWAYS and ONLY these beautiful things you have to take photos of?)

LaFoto said:
You took this one "for work", i.e. because "you had to" ?!
Well, if taking photos of something this nice (on a beautiful day as was when you took it) is what comprises your being a pro, then I would like the job, too.

Yeah... MOST of the time, I TRY to look at my job as "I get to" rather than "I have to." The tough part of the job with this client is they insist that both sides of the building be in full sun. I prefer shooting at a different time of day or at a different angle. I did get to do interior views of this building and an exterior of an additional barn, all on the same day. So it was a full day.

LaFoto said:
(I only guess it is not ALWAYS and ONLY these beautiful things you have to take photos of?)

Even the less interesting subjects can be interesting. Each presents it's own challenge.

Thanks, Corinna.

Nice shot Pete. What was this for? Do they want images for advertising or promotion...or is it something else?

One thing that bugs me a little...is that the person is in mid step...they don't seem to be posing...which makes it feel like you just happened to be there...taking a photo. If the point was to have the person and the horse in the shot...then I think it would have been better if they were posing for the camera...or at least in a position that is more 'stationary'...for lack of a better term.

Big Mike said:
Nice shot Pete. What was this for? Do they want images for advertising or promotion...or is it something else?

This time, the client is the builder. Often there's a art director as a middle man. The image will be used in the company's brochures, website and possibly at trade shows. This is actually a metal building.... a pole barn.

Big Mike said:
One thing that bugs me a little...is that the person is in mid step...they don't seem to be posing...which makes it feel like you just happened to be there...taking a photo.

Cool. Thanks! That's exactly the direction I was given. I did do several of this view (maybe a dozen or so) affording a selection.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back