Bateleur

doenoe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.daanschouwe.nl
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
At work they are training a bateleur eagle to "kill" a snake (a fake one offcourse) Pretty cool to see. Just shows how some things are just in a animals instinct. The first time he saw the snake, he acted as he would have in the wild. Spreading his wings and being very cautious.
Anyways, here are some shots:
roofvogels519.jpg

roofvogels520.jpg

(in this one he is jumping backwards)
roofvogels521.jpg

Thanks for looking
Greetz Daan

the detail in the feathers in the 1st is unreal
At the hawk conservancy where I go they have a young Bateleur called Goose, who does a great flying display, but I've seen one play with a rubber snake

First I was going to say, wow, Photo 1 is so good, then I thought, wow, Photo 2 is so good, too! And now I equally much like the action captured in Photo 3, so I must come to the conclusion that you have only winners here!

wow, his wings are awesome!!.... and you captued him well daan... good job mate :thumbup:

Schìtterend, Daan.
Is een 'bateleur' hetzelfde als een harpij?

wow! the last one is fabulus! great catch! but wait a moment.. do I see... a snake!!?aaaaaaaaaa

Thanks for the comments everybody :)
And no Mr. Smith, a Bateleur isnt the same a a Harpij (Harpy eagle). They are both eagles though. The bateleur on the pic isnt a fullgrown one. They look very different when adult. Totally black, with the skin around the eyes and the beak totally red. I like them better in the young colors, but cant win em all eh :)
And mentos, to quote Sadam in Southpark the movie: "hey relax, its a fake" :biggrin:

queston for you Daan,

when they get older do they loose their ruffled feathers around the head?

I've only ever seen young ones

doenoe said:
[...] a Bateleur isnt the same a a Harpij (Harpy eagle). They are both eagles though. The bateleur on the pic isnt a fullgrown one. They look very different when adult. Totally black, with the skin around the eyes and the beak totally red. [...]

Very different indeed.

birdsofprey_bateleur_02.jpg

LoU! said:
good shots..! he looks meaaaan.
Whaddayameanx2? You don't know that look? You got that exact same look on your face everytime you open the refrigerator... :lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back