Battery Question!

Andrei_316

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey, I was reading an instruction sheet that came with my Nikon EN-EL14 and Can I keep the battery in my Camera for a couple of weeks like 3?

When I get my Battery grip will I able to keep the battery grip on the camera with the battery in the grip or can I take off my battery grip but keeping the battery inside without damaging my 2 EN-EL14s?

I want to take care of my battery because each one cost $50 and I'm not comfortable buying those cheap ones from amazon.

Thanks and I hope you can answer my question :thumbup:

I kept mine in there until it needed recharging. If your batter doesn't need recharging in 3 weeks, you don't shoot enough. lol

Yes, you can. One of my bodies has had the batteries in the grip since March without recharging.

Batteries always have the potential to cause damage if they fail or corrode etc. But the lithium Ion batteries that most cameras use, are pretty stable...probably a good deal better than your average AA battery. So yes, it would be smartest to always remove the batteries from every electronic device you have...but who's going to do that?
I wouldn't worry about three weeks. :)

As for the 'cheap' batteries. Sure, they might be more risky that your Nikon batteries...but I don't think it's something to be afraid of. I've been using 'cheap' batteries in my Canon cameras for over 5 years. One or two of them don't last as long as they used to, but they never did any damage to my camera, and they cost something like $12 each.

I kept mine in there until it needed recharging. If your batter doesn't need recharging in 3 weeks, you don't shoot enough. lol

I just started school today so I'm not sure if I would be going somewhere alot to take pictures.

Most reactions

Back