Bay Photo - nothing but problems :(

rub

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What a terrible experience I have had dealing with Bay Photo. Not only are the turnaround times comopletely out to lunch (5 days for prints??) but their shipping is a joke as well. 1 in 5 orders with them actually ships as requested. My most recent order was held for 4 days, with each time I contacted them they said they were shipping that day, and then finally were shipped standard UPS, not UPS Express Saver.

I now have clients that will not have their images in time for Christmas.

And when I contact them, they say I didnt give enough lead time and I should expect delays. If they would have either had the shipping or the printing done as they state, I would have been fine. I accounted for one screw up from them, but that wasnt enough, obviously.

End of rant.

I am so sorry! I'd be ranting too!
Don't they publish deadlines for this? If you made the deadline they'd better be getting the stuff out to you in time!

Kristal I said bye bye to bay photo a couple of years back. I wasn't happy with our experience at all. I recommend whcc as we've had only one problem with them since the transition(Unlike bay where there as more then a few) - whcc they flipped pages on an album. But, the remedy that they performed was a great definition of customer service. As for redemption, they corrected and shipped it with no cost promptly.

Bay Photo is just within 50 miles from me and they still had delays - I can't even begin to imagine what you're going through being up north and in a different country.

They were quick to then say it was my fault for not having enough lead time to accommodate for their mistakes.

It makes me look unprofessional and the fact that they flat out lie to me is horrible.

Cameron, does WHCC offer photographic flush mount albums? I couldn't find them on the website. That's my number one seller for boudoir and I need to find a replacement. ASAP.

Maybe it's different for me because my experience with them has been through my smugmug pro account, but my orders always ship fast and accurately. I've NEVER had an issue. Prints are always of the highest quality and they respond to my emails promptly.

Now the other provider that I have an option to use through smugmug is ezprints, and they're very good too, but they have messed up a few orders. Always fixed them and shipped out the proper order ASAP, for free with overnight shipping too.

Maybe I'm just lucky.

I really love Pounds lab and H&H and I believe both have the flush mount albums. I never really had a problem with Millers either.

They do. Check this link out: Press Printed Albums | WHCC

First paragraph below the visuals state:

"Press Printed Albums are flush mount albums with thick lay-flat pages and no middle gutter. Printed on our Indigo Digital Printing Presses, our Press Printed Albums offer more unique and affordable options compared to other flush mount and photographic albums. With our industry leading turnaround time and free two-day shipping, you can order an album Monday morning and have it in your hands on Friday!"

What I love about too besides their promptness is that it's gutterless and creases are very minimal. Makes laying out waaay easier. I'll post some pictures later..

Mleek brings up a good suggestion I think. I've ordered samples from Miller Labs and I was pretty content. Destin, maybe you are just lucky =D.

They were quick to then say it was my fault for not having enough lead time to accommodate for their mistakes.

It makes me look unprofessional and the fact that they flat out lie to me is horrible.

Cameron, does WHCC offer photographic flush mount albums? I couldn't find them on the website. That's my number one seller for boudoir and I need to find a replacement. ASAP.

Really, if you want the best options for albums? Finao. I LOVE them!!!

My clients LOVE the metallic paper so the press print doesn't work for me. :( or I would be all over that Cameron!

I might have to order one so at least it's an option.

was your order for an album from Bay?

My clients LOVE the metallic paper so the press print doesn't work for me. :( or I would be all over that Cameron!

I might have to order one so at least it's an option.

Ahhh. whcc has the Pearl paper which has somewhat of a metallic finish but they don't have the metallic paper like Bay. But, at Bay's the metallic finish is cheaper by 10% compared to the Pearl.

It could be a logistics issue regarding your whereabouts but if you bring other options to the table for your clients I'll defintely vouch for these guys.

I'm still not big fan of the pearl, but I am a fan of WHCC. I've ordered through them before and never had issues. Bay just offered more products at a better price.

This order was just prints. :(

I will try those press albums and check out the suggestions for flush mounts.

To update, I ordered replacement prints from MpixPro yesterday, and they were supposed to be in hand today. Guess what-they wont be here till Dec 19th. I had talked to Customer Serivce directly and they said it wouldnt be an issue, paid the fee, and now im out another $100.

I cannot wait for this year to be over. :(

Most reactions

New Topics

Back