be gentle

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by carlita, Sep 12, 2003.

1. carlita

carlita TPF Noob!

:p

so, obviously i'm new here. :wink: i'm a photo major at sam houston state university in texas and though i've taken several photo courses thus far, i still feel horribly inadequate. even if that weren't the case there's always something new to learn, right? i figure i'll make great use of the blooper forum here, so i'm excited to see that it exists. :mrgreen:

i wish i had a working scanner (not to mention access to my mac instead of this PC i'm on at the moment) so i could scan in some of my better work, but alas... i don't. my website (linked in my profile) has a handful of stuff, most of it very early work that i did and some of it can't be enlarged so it's pretty blah, but if you really want to look at it, i invite you to do so.

i'm hoping that by joining this forum i'll get some blatantly honest responses to the photos i produce. i feel like i don't get much of that from friends, family or classmates as they're more likely to try to spare my feelings, even if it's not necessary, than strangers. so have at it!

by the way, i tend to be longwinded. i hope i don't alienate too many of you that way. :?

2. Dew

Dew TPF Noob!

hi :D

3. Tyjax

Tyjax TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Welcome, welcome. Glad to see more southwest contingent. (I am in Ohio, but am a stranger in a strange land.) One the best friends (and pretties girls,) I have ever had atteneded Sam Houston. Good school.

Greets.

4. havoc

havoc Jedi something or other

Hi Carlita, welcome to the forum, we all love to see others work, there are some true professionals here, we are all nice, and and give great feedback. I have only been here a short time myself and am truely a newbie (will be using the blooper threads exclusively for awhile) but look forward to reading your "longwinded" :lol: posts.

BTW, i love the website. My favorite is your drawing section, but one question, does the mouse really chew a nut? :)

5. ksmattfish

ksmattfish Now 100% DC - not as cool as I once was, but still

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I wouldn't know anything about being long-winded blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah....

howdy

6. carlita

carlita TPF Noob!

thanks for the warm welcome everyone. :)

small world, tyjax. it's not often i meet people out of state that have even heard of my school let alone know someone who attended it. ohio, huh? well then happy bicentennial! :wink:

havoc, the mouse DOES chew a nut. believe me. in fact, that entire computer chews one, but i digress. i'm glad you like my drawings. there are only two in there though. i have a handful more to add. i just haven't done it yet. if you want, i'll let you know when that's done. :)

7. Lula

Lula Cracks-Up At Crazy Titles!

WElcome :thumbsup: :afro:

8. havoc

havoc Jedi something or other

It might not be true in your case, but usually when i find a mouse "chewing a nut" its because the mouse rollers in the inside are all gunked up, its amazing how many people don't clean this regularly. Symtoms include cursor skipping, and cursor stall. The reason for this is the ball, which the rollers take their que from picks up dust, food, and other nasty grimy things then they get dposited on the rollers, after awhile the rollers just stop moving properly. The fix is easy though, remove the ball and scap off the gunk, usually a fingernail works, or gently with a dull knife, make sure to get both rollers and the wheel that keeps the ball in place. Now if you have an optical mouse with a laser light then your just screwed. Hmmm i just relized i spend too much time on here, especally if i am trying to diagnose a mouse's bad eating habits... I'm just gonna go now.... yeah i think that would be best.... Yeah bye all..... :? :? :?

9. carlita

carlita TPF Noob!

it wasn't dirty, it just sucked. i figured it'd be easy enough to clean it out, but upon opening it i found it to be completely clean. that made me want to rip my hair out. that's why the face i drew on that picture isn't round though. i can't even remember what the original picture was going to be when i started trying to draw the face, but when i couldn't make it round to save my life, i got frustrated and the nut idea came ot mind.

10. MDowdey

MDowdey Guest

hey carlita!!! welcome!! how old are you?
    whatcha like to do besides photography?

md

11. terri

terri Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Welcome!! :)

12. carlita

carlita TPF Noob!

hi, md. :) i'm 23.