Beautiful Aubrey

Reefbabe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I shot the kids at the park today. For some reason, I just LOVE B&W!

5648.jpg

Reactions: Rob
well composed with a fitting DOF. love your tones Missy...well done!

Agreed. Black and white in my personal opinion really accentuates portrait photography. It makes their skin look smooth and their eyes really pop. And like woodsac said, this is a wonderful capture and wonderful black and white photo. I think my favorite part is that it feels so candid.

Great job!

-Fiona

Thanks everyone for your comments. This is my second attempt at converting to B&W and I probably have the oldest/cheapest program to do it. I was wondering if I should be adding to this. What do I want to look for when converting and what are some of the techniques used. Thanks......

I like the simple stuff in BW images. Either I shoot in camera BW or color than convert. I only work with the, Contrast and Levels to do my post processing, that's it. And of course Sharpen, then Unmask Sharpening. For the web... always sharpen after resizing your image.

It's all in your eyes of how " you " want it to look as far as the tone of your image. It's like art.

I din't know that...to sharpen AFTER resizing. Also, do I sharpen...then use unsharp mask together (method prefered?) or can I use them seperately?

Reefbabe said:
I din't know that...to sharpen AFTER resizing. Also, do I sharpen...then use unsharp mask together (method prefered?) or can I use them seperately?

Sometimes on different images it looks better to just sharpen and others, look better to do both but to dail up or down on your Unsharpen Mask levels, like maybe 90, 100 or even a little higher ect. You have to just play around with the slider but keep them pretty eyes on your image while your adjusting so you can see the difference.

I do not have the pleasure of having a dial or slider... so I just do alot of "undo/redos", lol! One day I'll have a legit program...one day!

Nikon didn't come with any photo program? Bummer !

Well, what you did with what you got with this photo, you did really great! You keep doin whatcha doin.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back