Beeeeeeeeeeeeest....!!!!?

molested_cow

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
img24.photobucket.com
Hehe, here are the photos from Loch Raven Reservoir, and the picture "perfect"!

Well, I was pretty overwhelmed when I took the photo, because it was such a beautiful moment. Perhaps it isn't as great as it looks, but it was a pleasure to capture it.

This is when I wish I'm not the photographer.... :oops:

juangoy-R1-031-14.jpg

juangoy-R1-023-10.jpg

juangoy-R1-021-9.jpg

I've always wanted but missed shot like this:

juangoy-R1-051-24.jpg

I actually waited for this pair to fly around and was ready to shoot when they fly pass the sun. However the sunlight was so strong that the light covered the geese.

Sweeeeeeeeeet. Nice takes, homie. I'm in a hotel with half resolution because of the wifi, but when I get home, I'm going take another gander.

Wow I really like the first two. Is the second one photoshopped at all, or did the light actually shine like that? Either way, I think it's a great shot, and even better if that's how it actually looked.

By the way, I just noticed in your image tags that this is in Baltimore??? Where? I live in Montgomery County so I'm pretty close. Looks like a nice place worth looking at and snapping some shots off (not to steal your idea! There's just nothing in a 30 mile radius from me that makes me want to take pictures :lol: ). I've never even heard of Loch Raven reservoir.

BrettG said:
By the way, I just noticed in your image tags that this is in Baltimore??? Where? I live in Montgomery County so I'm pretty close. Looks like a nice place worth looking at and snapping some shots off (not to steal your idea! There's just nothing in a 30 mile radius from me that makes me want to take pictures :lol: ). I've never even heard of Loch Raven reservoir.

The second shot is one of the few that I did not adjust the contrast, it's untouched! :D

Loch Raven Reservoir is just north of Towson. An easy way to get there is when you get to Towson downtown, there will be a famous traffic circle, where you will head north on Dulaney Valley Road. So just continue north for about 10~15 min and you will come to a Y-junction. If you make a left, you will continue on Dulaney Valley. Make a right and you will continue on "Loch Raven Dr", which will lead you to a part of the reservoir where you can walk to the shore.

Continue on Loch Raven Drive you will cross 2 bridges, then you have to turn right onto Providence Rd because the rest of Loch Raven Dr is closed. So head south on Providence Rd to get back onto I-696.

There are many places to shoot photos in Baltimore... well, if you are attentative enough, anywhere is a good photo shooting ground.

Oh BTW, this shore line part of the Loch Raven DR is closed to vehicles on the weekends from 9am~5pm. People jog and cycle on the closed road. You can park your car nearby and take a walk. The closed section is about 1.5 miles, and will be interesting for you.

It's too bad that I am leaving Baltimore for good this Friday, back to school in Detroit, or else I will be more than happy to take you around.

Do you originally live in Maryland? If so maybe in the future I could meet up with ya there. I rarely goto Baltimore, mainly just for concerts that might be somewhere in there (downtown Baltimore, off of MLK Jr Blvd, I don't wanna take my camera there!). I also need to get back to the aquarium one of these days.

I guess being new to this I don't have much of an eye for photography. Some of your pictures that I really liked were simple, things you could find anywhere, and I probably wouldn't even think to shoot it. Either way some lazy weekend maybe I'll go up to Baltimore and take a look around. I should look into getting to Loch Raven reservoir before the summer's over, or maybe in the fall (that's one thing I'll say about this state, it's absolutely gorgeous in the fall). Thanks for the directions.

EDIT: Just noticed that "For good" part of your post, so disregard my first couple of sentences :)

No I'm not from Maryland so there is little chance that I will be back..... unless I get internship with the same company again( actually they like me so much that they keep talking about me working for them again next summer....)

I like Baltimore, because it's so near the country side, the wild.... There are tons of trails for mt biking along the shoreline of the reservoir, plus Gunpowder state park is just near by.

The "eye" came with photography experience. The more photo you take, the more beauty you will realise from the simplest, least expected things. Then you will start to appreciate everything you see around you, and you will get excited over everything around you. Photography makes a person happy. Perhaps not by photographs, but by the shear appreciation of every little thing in the world.

Molested_cow you are the photography god!

That second photo is amazing! in fact the first three are pretty damned special!

Haha, isn't it true that people burn stuff for the gods?

I'll go outside and torch the film i got free with my last process in your honour!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back