Before and after editing - I like Photoshop

julianliu

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.cornerstoneimage.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Spent a lazy Saturday morning editing this picture before heading out for a busy day.
What do you think?

Before and After AXX.jpg

She doesn't look good green.

Joe

I like the edit and processing for the photo! I do agree, though, that you should try to reduce the green tint on her skin.

Looks like the exposure might have been off in the first one since she's in the shade and there's brighter light behind her.

Maybe go back to it and you'll see where your adjustment got off track. It did help to brighten it up.

The "before" may not be perfect but the "after" is NOT an improvement.

Was this lazy Saturday morning following a busy drinking Friday night? All this green is kinda making me sick.

Are you sure the before and after are not mixed up, mislabeled? I like the first shot. She has great legs, cute shoes,a gorgeous handbag, and a jaunty hat. The second shot just looks wayyyy green, like very strong, high overhead, very strong summertime sunlight filtered through a canopy of bigleaf maple will often cause.

Are you sure the before and after are not mixed up, mislabeled?.

yes, the "before" looks better
but both pics have issues - exposure, color, WB, etc.

On my monitor the "before" exposure looks ok, maybe 1/3 to 1/2 under, but not much.

The green is just a newbie "bright colors are better" mistake.

Gossamer's edit is good, but an increase in general saturation/vibrance might be in order, if not in need of some midtone contrast?

Too lazy to go stairs to edit ATM.

Last edited:
Spent a lazy Saturday morning editing this picture before heading out for a busy day.
What do you think?
The implication is that you spent some time on the editing, but exactly how much time is not mentioned.

The edit is way green, so I imported the image into Aperture3 to see what I could do with it.

Here is my version:

Before and After AXX - Version 2.jpg

Thank you. I also blurred the background a little more to make her pop even more.

Derrel's edit of before.jpg
I thought the original Before shot was too cold, so I warmed it up and did a little bit of sharpening on a couple of areas, and changed the curves ever so slightly. I thought the blacks needed some magenta and cyan as well

Most reactions

New Topics

Back